• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime conventions In NJ

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
straydog-sama

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know about any upcoming anime events in the state of New Jersey?
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I highly doubt that an anime convention would come to NJ. Trust me, I live in NJ too, so I hope every day that one would come, but the fact of the matter is that New Jersey is too small for something like an anime convention to ever come. Your best bet for going to a convention is to wait for one to come to NY. It wouldn't be hard for you to get there, seeing as how you live in Newark.
PatrickD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 10:48 pm Reply with quote
You just missed AnimeNext. It was a couple weeks ago.

Check AnimeCons.com for conventions in PA, MD, and NY that may also be near you.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
PatrickD wrote:
You just missed AnimeNext. It was a couple weeks ago.

Check AnimeCons.com for conventions in PA, MD, and NY that may also be near you.

Whoah, thanks a lot. I had no idea there was a site like that. Hmmm. There's not going to be one around me that interests me until next February. Also, Anime Festival Orlando is happening a week after I leave Florida. DAMN! Where I'm gonna be I'll only be an hour away from Orlando. Well, that means I get time to save up on the money. Thanks for the info PatrickD!

[Edit] - Actually, I looked at the list a little closer and saw that MangaNEXT is going to be held in New Jersey at Giants Stadium in October. That's amazing! I go to Giants Stadium all the time to watch the Jets play, so this'll be like every other weekend. I can't wait! Very Happy Also Tekko 1/2 is in Pittsburgh at the Carnegie Library, which is right near where my brother goes to college. This day just keeps getting better and better.
ac_dropout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Anime Next 2007 is probably the biggest thing in Jersey. Hope they don't shut down the entire state by then. The budget crisis is a drag.

Then there is Yuri Con 2008. The biggest Lesbian Anime Con in Jersey.

So mark your calendars and get ready to get wild.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
ac_dropout wrote:
Anime Next 2007 is probably the biggest thing in Jersey. Hope they don't shut down the entire state by then. The budget crisis is a drag.

So mark your calendars and get ready to get wild.

No thank you.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:02 pm Reply with quote
ac_dropout wrote:

I can see them advertising that on Comedy Central as a new Girls Gone Wild video. Very Happy
The Seventh Son

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:08 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Actually, I looked at the list a little closer and saw that MangaNEXT is going to be held in New Jersey at Giants Stadium in October.

wrong. its going to be held in Crowne Plaza Meadowlands in Secaucus. its also going to consist of more dealers room, artist alley, and stuff for cosplay, so video rooms will be reduced to something off on the side.

i did go to the recent AnimeNEXT as my first con ever!!! i have never seen that many otaku in my LIFE!! it was total overload. so much overload that i had to take a walk to somewhere quiet and avoid it all until i was ready to take in some more because I've never seen that much fandom in one place before. i was shocked at the cosplay cause a lot of it was really good, and the fangirls werent all the type you usually hear about. i will be going to MangaNEXT, cause i feel empty inside cause i didn't do as much as i could have. also it was so f***ing awesome that I've gone a couple notches on the fandom intensity ladder since then.
thebaron

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:50 pm Reply with quote
Tekkoshocon is located right off the Turnpike near Pittsburgh

It's a long drive, but we have greatly expanded our space to fill the entire Expo mart!

www.tekkoshocon.com.
SharinganEyes92

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:36 pm Reply with quote
The Seventh Son wrote:
wrong. its going to be held in Crowne Plaza Meadowlands in Secaucus. its also going to consist of more dealers room, artist alley, and stuff for cosplay, so video rooms will be reduced to something off on the side.

Umm, I don't know if you live in New Jersey or not, but Giants Stadium is in the Meadowlands in New Jersey. I know it's not going to be in the stadium. I just thought it'd be like Bamboozle and be all around the stadium and such.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1