• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Karin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:03 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
Buuhan1 wrote:
NOOOOOOO! No no no no! I didn't want Karin to be licensed! I don't know why, I just didn't, it was a series I really enjoyed and wished just stayed japanese.

I knew this was happening when all the episodes vanished off YouTube...god dammit...I did not want this.

Oh well.....can't be helped I suppose, I'll buy the DVDs but I'm keeping it on japanese with subtitles.

If you're still going to watch the DVDs in Japanese, then why are you complaining? Rolling Eyes

Yeah I was confused by this post too.
the way Buuhan said it make it SOUND LIKE...
Having Karin available on You Tube so it can be watched for free = good
and
Having a company support the industry by making it available to NA on DVD in BOTH dubbed and subtitled formats so it will appeal to more anime consumers who BUY anime, thus creating revenue to help the anime industry in America and Japan = bad

Plus releasing it on DVD does not affect its "Japaneseness" any more than a fansub does.

Earlier I made a similar complaint about the licensing of Death Note, but the gist of my complaint didn't criticize the company for taking away from it's availability as a fansub. My biggest complaint is how they attempted to underhandedly leech money off of the fanbase by making it a DL that you pay for but announcing that the DVD version will be dub only (even if that might not actually be the case).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3