• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Last 3 series you finished watching

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amasa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quote
Happy World OVA - It's ecchi. There's nothing more to it. This is the stuff that Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan spoofs. Sure Happy World! had some hilarious moments but they were few and far between. It was too generic, predictable and ecchi and so I'm glad that there's only three episodes to it. The voice of Elle did a really strange job, I'm not sure if she was supposed to sound like that but I really liked it. She sounded hypnotized but it sounded pretty cool but then all the character designs were just a let down.

Fighting Beauty Wulong - I finished this what seems like ages ago, it's only occurred to me now that I'm watching almost all ongoing series. Fighting Beauty Wulong is fantastic! Terrible animation, and I mean terrible TERRIBLE animation - I've never seen worse. Also horrific fansub, to the extent that the series was almost made into a comedy satire. However, the storyline, action and characters made this series a real shounen gem. It stays true to the wrestling/judo/martial arts theme the whole way through and provides an informative and very entertaining fighting epic. It's really addictive and very suspenseful and I recommend it to anyone who wants to see some hardcore hotgirl on hotgirl action. Actually no, I've seen worse fanservice. The story of FBW deserves some recognition as a very good sports tournament anime.

Red Garden - I watched the last episode yesterday and was very happy with the way it ended, but very sad at the same time. Red Garden is one of my favorite series and it is such a pity that it hasn't reached a significant amount of popularity, because it definitely deserves it. Very experimental and all too good to be missed. I love it enough to make up for all the people who will never see it though.
jetz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:41 am Reply with quote
Mirrinus wrote:
I can see a merger being done, but in all honestly I can see how the two are different. One is more of a "first impressions" type of thread, since the anime that I post there are usually just based off the first few episodes. This thread is more of a total series review. It's pretty tricky to try to equate the two; first impressions and final reviews are hardly the same thing.

Although I do agree that the two still can be confused pretty easily, which is the risk you appear to be highlighting. Some people have treated the "What are you watching right now?" thread as a place to post final reviews, but I've always interpreted that topic literally, as in discussing what I'm watching right now in the present, but haven't finished yet. That's where I post my initial impressions, at any rate.

thanks, that's what I thought too. That's why I specifically said "you finished watching..". I also post in the other thread, but just to post what series I'm currently watching, and why I'm watching it - after all that's what that thread is asking..

Zalis116 wrote:
And since many people force themselves to finish anime they don't care for, having a series as "finished" doesn't necessarily mean it was worthwhile.

true, but I did say that it was worth finishing anyway. There are really ghastly series out there that no matter how much you force yourself, you won't be able to do it.

Zalis116 wrote:
Still, in an effort to avoid pre-emptive totalitarian locking syndrome, I'll leave this open for now, but if it starts to feel redundant, it will probably be locked, or perhaps merged

thanks Laughing at least merge it with the other one if you see it fit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2