• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Stars Victory Vs. Game's Boss Dubbed 'Dark Phantom'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaHinata

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:40 am Reply with quote
Dark Phantom doesn't sound scary enough. Now "Kanji no Sensei" would be terrifying, since the only way to defeat them is to drug them with a compassion-inducing drug. Anime hyper
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:56 am Reply with quote
So the last boss is basically just a mirror match? Unremarkable, but I guess that's one way to ensure no one complains about the boss character being unplayable. Plus, it would be pretty difficult to find a credible antagonist who is ridiculously powerful enough to pose a threat to EVERY Jump hero.

Well, aside from Yajarobe, of course.

Can't make the game TOO difficult, I guess.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:26 am Reply with quote
I was hoping the final boss would be someone like Buu. Buu is probably one of the most powerful SJ villains. Also, he could still use power copying since he can absorb people. Hell, in the "Budokai" games, he even absorbs characters that weren't around in his point in the story like Frieza and Cell.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I'm conflicted, honestly. This is the easy answer rather than having a villain from just one of the series involved be the final opponent, but at the same time...I dunno. It just seems to lazy.

I would have preferred they had gotten one of their various authors to design a brand new villain for the game, they could even have done a one-shot type special chapter for the game to add even more hype (one of the previous DS games already did that). You know, perhaps an author that doesn't already have a character in the game. Like Masakazu Katsura. Grr.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, I wished the main villain was the Shonen Jump's pirate mascot who was disapointed in the Jump manga series...
DarkLordDragon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Probably Hades (Saint Seiya) emperor of the Underworld would pose a threat to all Jump Stars and he would have been a good choice instead of fighting mirror.

I am talking about this guy >>>

http://www.zerochan.net/489999#full
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kanechin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:12 pm Reply with quote
so they pulled a inferno/charade.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
DarkLordDragon wrote:
Probably Hades (Saint Seiya) emperor of the Underworld would pose a threat to all Jump Stars and he would have been a good choice instead of fighting mirror.

I am talking about this guy >>>

http://www.zerochan.net/489999#full

And that puts Saint Seiya above the other shows and gets fans mad. Same deal if they went with an upgraded manga villain, like, random example, a version of Kaioh with a power up weapon. It puts Fist of the North Star above the other shows.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1