• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Space Dandy Anime's 2nd Season's Promo Previews New Characters

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:56 am Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Will this one be simuldub too?

I hope so!

Anyway, I think this will be a very good season. Why can't July just come already?! Crying or Very sad

Oh, by the way, I heard Viva Namida playing during the PV. Does that mean it's going to stay as the OP? I hope so; that song is my jam Cool
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:44 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Will this one be simuldub too?

It'll be returning to Toonami with brand new dubbed episodes, July 5th at 12:30am. Very Happy

Get Hyped.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Kouichi Yamadera, Megumi Hayashibara and Unshou Ishizuka are together in Watanabe's anime again. I wonder if there will be any jokes about Cowboy Bebop.

Cowboy Bebop, you say. Well, if Funimation can get Bryce Papenbrook, Lauren Landa, and Matthew Mercer for Attack on Titan, then they can get Steve Blum, Wendee Lee, and Beau Billingslea for Space Dandy.

In any case, Toonami desperately needs another half-hour expansion. All-new Space Dandy will do well at 12:30, just not as well as it used to back when it still aired at 11:30.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:33 pm Reply with quote
lLuffyl wrote:
I got chills when Viva Namida started playing. God I love that song.

Yeah! Getting closer to season 2, looks glorious!

More Scarlet and Honey would be good, my one disappointment it didn't look like Adele will be returning for sure since it didn't look like she showed up in any of the new footage and that ep was one of my favorites so far.

Looks like there's a ton of new characters coming!

So hyped for more!
Kaioshin_Sama

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:54 pm Reply with quote
There's a lot of classic seiyuu here that predate the idolization era. It's really cool to see some of these people getting work again. I think my favorite guest star last season was when Keiko "Lalah Sune" Han voiced the Laika dog.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Man, that music at the end of the first PV is giving me some serious flashback vibes. Those dudes must've seen more 80s American cartoons than they're letting on, 'cus it cannot just be anime they're homaging.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:34 pm Reply with quote
No Adelie? Sad
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:09 pm Reply with quote
The first season was a lot of fun, nice to see that it looks like the second season will be more of the same Smile

Ranho wrote:
I won't lie, this show disappointed me but for a very specific reason: I actually thought Scarlett and Honey would be recurring characters. Like every episode recurring. Same for Professor Gel.

I'd like to see more of Scarlett too. After she kicked butt in the diner I was expecting to see more of her outside of the office. Hopefully that will change with this season Smile
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama said
Quote:
There's a lot of classic seiyuu here that predate the idolization era. It's really cool to see some of these people getting work again. I think my favorite guest star last season was when Keiko "Lalah Sune" Han voiced the Laika dog.

While the Laika dog was an homage to the tragic story of Laike the space dog, it's also used to describe a few Spitz breeds.[/quote]
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I'll agree that I was disappointed that Honey and Scarlette weren't more recurring characters(espeically considering how I like large casts) however I got over that pretty quickly with just how wierd and crazy this show could get, that said I think episode 5, while good, is a bit overrated since that was a fairly simple premise with a pretty simple ending.

Looks like big things are going to happen when it comes back though and I can't wait!
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:30 am Reply with quote
Covnam wrote:
The first season was a lot of fun, nice to see that it looks like the second season will be more of the same Smile

Ranho wrote:
I won't lie, this show disappointed me but for a very specific reason: I actually thought Scarlett and Honey would be recurring characters. Like every episode recurring. Same for Professor Gel.

I'd like to see more of Scarlett too. After she kicked butt in the diner I was expecting to see more of her outside of the office. Hopefully that will change with this season Smile

Yeah, I was surprised by that too, I expected that ep to be the start of her being more prominent.
daichi383

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:12 pm Reply with quote
Yoshimichi Kameda was the one Bones animator i was surprised didn't show up in season 1. Glad he's on board this season. Also hope we get Masahiro Sato, Toshiharu Sugie and a couple more of the regular contributing animators who aren't solely associated with Bones.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2