• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoshiki, Gackt, Miyavi, Sugizo to perform at Anime Expo 2007

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nermal

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:53 pm Reply with quote
woohoo! I heard the announcement at the Wiltern last night, and I'm still deaf from all the screaming.

I paid $45 for AX registration this year, but I paid in December 2006. Ahhh, the best $45 I've spent since....hmmm...last year's AX Smile
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
wouldn't a better name for the group be Fangirl Circle Jerk? Laughing

from a business point of view this is a great idea on paper, but i wonder how well it works in execution, i mean that's a lot of egos in one room.
becharm

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:22 pm Reply with quote
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG OMG OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

MY dream came true, yeah!!!!! Gackt is coming to AX.
uLTraCarL

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
No really though, this is great. How much were tickets this year? What 60- 80 bucks or something like that. For people within driving distance its really a good deal.

Don't know where you are looking lol
I only paid $40
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime
Gacktx

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Frickin awesome ,Gackts amazing!!!
Lenks

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 7:39 pm Reply with quote
Kyo wrote:
seichan80 wrote:
...wonders who the vocalist in that group will be...gackt, i guess?

I'm pretty sure Gackt is going to be the vocalist as Miyavi has stated a while back (while not saying anything specific about the band) that he is happy that he is going to be back in a band and not doing vocals.

Yeah, that's basically it.

For those who are wondering, here is the instrumentation line-up:

Gackt - vocals
Sugizo - lead guitar, violin
Miyavi - rhythm guitar*
Yoshiki - piano, drums

* = unconfirmed, since there might be a chance that there will be two lead guitarists like back in X.

There is one more mystery member afloat, and the only musician missing is a bassist, so, expect a bassist name. ;D There are rumors floating around that the final member may be Heath, X-Japan's final bassist, although it's just a pure speculation, so don't take my word for it.

As for AX...I wish I could go; I'd give my kidney to go. Being in the mid-west sucks. =/
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Lenks wrote:

As for AX...I wish I could go; I'd give my kidney to go. Being in the mid-west sucks. =/

Well, if you sell a Kidney, I'm sure you'd net more than enough to attend AX.

-t
kamikirimushi

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Ah! Crazy theory - but. Maybe Bou left to become the bassist for SKIN? Very Happy
Kyo

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Bou joining Skin? I highly doubt that, although I had doubts about Miyavi even joining.

I'd bet money on Heath though. Or Toshi even? I mean, even though he was a vocalist, weren't Yoshiki and Toshi talking about a reunion? Maybe it wasn't for a X-Japan reunion after all! I'm sure he even has basic bass skills.
violetsquirrel

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 12:08 am Reply with quote
Kyo wrote:
Bou joining Skin? I highly doubt that, although I had doubts about Miyavi even joining.

I'd bet money on Heath though. Or Toshi even? I mean, even though he was a vocalist, weren't Yoshiki and Toshi talking about a reunion? Maybe it wasn't for a X-Japan reunion after all! I'm sure he even has basic bass skills.

Yoshiki specifically said that he was talking to Toshi about reviving X Japan, and considering the caliber of the other members, there's no way they'll have a bassist who only has 'basic' skills...

I don't think they're going to have an official bassist, because I remember in the Japanese news reports when Yoshiki first announced he'd be working with Gackt they said there'd be four or five people, and that they'd announce the name of the band last. Also there isn't exactly time for them to make that announcement considering they're playing in less than a month. I have no idea what they're going to do about it live though. I know Miyavi plays bass (he played all the instruments on his earlier albums) but it would be a huge waste to not have him on guitar...

EDIT: Just read the Japanese article about it and I'm pretty sure it says they're still choosing a bassist and they might still just go with four people.
LikaLaruku

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:27 am Reply with quote
Ahhh....if only Yoshiki looked more like Hakuei from Penicillin. I think my head would explode if I saw Gackt & Hakuei standing in the same room...starting with a raging nosebleed. Wish Yoshiki'd grow his hair out. It looks icky short...

I hope Sugizo gets to sing too. His solo music videos were awesome *_* But Gakkun deffinately has the sexiest voice. But Sugi-kun has songs that feel more genuine in meaning & feeling than the others (in otherword, he wrote what he felt like instead of what was expected of him). Sugizo looks really good for his age.

Miyavi is unrivalled king of camera whores "take my picture biyach! I gotta kitty!" Anime exclamation
Had a dream he & La'Cryma Cristi's Levin were having a show-off face-off with guitars & drums. Ah, he oozes biseinen kakkoiiness! His voice does nothing for me though....

Mmm I hope they come to the West Coast sometime *__*
Lenks

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:04 am Reply with quote
tempest wrote:
Lenks wrote:

Well, if you sell a Kidney, I'm sure you'd net more than enough to attend AX.

-t

Oh, I know. Who knows what I would use that extra money for; I'm always in need for it. =P

Kyo wrote:

I highly doubt that too, since he's a guitarist and whatnot.

I don't think Toshi, either. From my understanding, Toshi and Yoshiki are only getting together to put vocals to (possibly) "Without You," since Yoshiki mentioned that there was a vocalist song for hide, but since that feud between himself and Toshi, he didn't have anyone to sing it who he thought was worthy.
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:54 pm Reply with quote
...Dang, I'm sooo envious. Miyavi's one of my favorite Japanese artists, and I love his guitar skills.
miggie

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Do you think that the fangirls will throw their underwear on stage? I want to go just to see how the band would handle getting underwear tossed at them. Laughing
Roy9076

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 4:52 pm Reply with quote
I was there when they announced it. Anime Expo is SO going to be the place this year! Anyways, looks like I have to get my fangirl taser! Laughing xD
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3