• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kamigami no Asobi (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:52 am Reply with quote
I thought that that was a very fitting finale. And Toth got to do a wall slam before the end. What more could you possibly want? Very Happy
And Dionysus spoiler[attacked with wine] which was pretty bloody brilliant if you ask me.

I'm really going to miss this show. I enjoyed it so much.

Gina Szanboti wrote:
But as soon as spoiler[they sent her back, I was expecting a classroom scene where they get two transfers and six exchange students. Smile] I guess I wasn't too far off on that.

That's what I was expecting as well. Maybe that will happen in an OVA episode (if they do one).
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
KamiAso joins the very short list of otome game-based anime series that I was able to sit through. I enjoyed it more than Brother's Conflict for sure, and most other otome game-based series I was never able to finish, so getting me to watch the whole thing was a feat in itself.

Hades <3
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:26 pm Reply with quote
well done Brain's Base. that was enjoyable, something I don't say very often with this genre.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Thank goodness for that sappy happy ending. If Yui ended up never meeting them again I would have legit felt really bad for her. Can't believe this episode almost made me tear up a bit there..........don't know what's wrong with me Crying or Very sad

I have to say this anime gave me new found hope in the reverse harem genre by giving us one of the most dependable and most importantly competent female leads to exist in the field. Yui actively breaks the shells of all the guys making them all fall for her which is how it should always be imo. After watching Amnesia and Diabolic lovers I had almost ragequitted the genre. But I'm so glad this anime shows that it's possible to portray a female lead who isn't incredibly submissive and only gets pushed around by the guys. It totally can lead to a much more enjoyable show Smile.
PinkiePiglet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I know this may be to early to ask, but will there be a season two? I thought the ending was really good, but it would also be fun to have a season two you know Smile

[EDIT: When an established series thread exists, please use it instead of starting up a new thread for a purpose like this. - Key]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
PinkiePiglet wrote:
I know this may be to early to ask, but will there be a season two? I thought the ending was really good, but it would also be fun to have a season two you know Smile

[EDIT: When an established series thread exists, please use it instead of starting up a new thread for a purpose like this. - Key]

keep an eye on the news feed
phia_one

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:39 pm Reply with quote
The is easily the best otome anime I've seen. Yui is just awesome and I wish we got more otome leads like her. All around, the show was a lot of fun and I'd be up for more.

I was yelling at my tv during that bit before the final scene. "No! Why would you do this?" I just wanted to give Yui a hug.

If there's another season or OVA, I want two things:

1. Hades making more puns

2. MORE THOTH
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote
spoiler[Everyone going long-hair full god mode]

ALL THE YESES IN THE WORLD

Also, this show needs a spoiler[Thoth route] OVA or something. Desperately.

It took me a couple of episodes to warm up to this show (Apollon was just so annoying, and Tsukuyomi mind-blowingly boring), but it definitely paid off. Especially the Loki-Balder plot and Thot's uber fantabulous wall-slamming. Also Hades. And Susanoo. And Yui, who was so awesome. Definitely hoping for a second season
Ahiru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
GokuMew2 wrote:
KamiAso joins the very short list of otome game-based anime series that I was able to sit through

...most other otome game-based series I was never able to finish, so getting me to watch the whole thing was a feat in itself.

Same here; this surprised me in that it made me laugh so much (and not only just at it - Thoth's "ad-libbing" in the play and Dionysus attacking with wine had me nearly in tears), and that it actually had a lead with a spine and a personality (Yui was pretty great for this genre). I'll probably support it with my dollar, just to express this is more how an otome game-based anime should be made. Wink

Quote:
Hades <3

Agreed Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8