• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex USA Outlines Koimonogatari, Nisekoi #3/#4, Durarara!! Reissue Box on Blu-ray

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:26 am Reply with quote
I'm glad I snagged the original Burarara!! BD lunchbox during the Christmas sale since I got it at the price of the re-issue, but with some more extras. I saw Drrr!! when it was first simulcast, but I'm rewatching the dubbed version as prep for watching the second season.

Theozilla wrote:
Will the Durarara!! dub include an on-screen text subtitles track? Because I heard the previous edition only had them if you turned on the subtitles entirely (like there was no separate track just for the on-screen text).

It's unlikely this flaw will be corrected in the re-issue, however, this isn't as big of a deal as I originally thought it would be. If you are watching the dub, there is the occasional time when Celty types something on her phone or someone else has a message on his/her phone that is not read in voice over (a lot of Celty's texts are, however). It's a pain in the ass, but I rewind to the point before the text is shown onscreen, hit pause, hit display, turn on the English subtitles option, read the text, hit pause, hit display, turn off English subtitles, then carry on. Yeah, like I say, pain in the ass BUT I think I've only had to do that about half a dozen times in the first 12 eppies.
Happiness for Subaru
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
red490246 wrote:
I wasn't able to hop on the bandwagon to buy the Lunch Box edition in time, but I'm just surprised it sold out so soon... Everything seems to sell out these days...

It's been out since November 2012. It took 2 years to sell out.

animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2012-08-03/aniplex-of-america-announces-durarara-limited-edition-bd-lunch-box-set-on-october-30th-2012
red490246

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Happiness for Subaru wrote:

True... i didn't know that. My bad Razz thanks for pointing that out though.

Cptn_Taylor wrote:

No magic involved when you're publishing 10 damn boxsets and you find 10 buyers. Don't look at the "soldout" tagline. The important thing is how many boxsets/LE are produced. That gives you an objective measure of the market size AoA or any other publisher is targeting.

Fair point. I guess they don't really care if they underproduce since the demand will always be there... But given it's been out for 2 years, I suppose they did overproduce initially and wanted to get rid of the stock.

I guess my point is more relevant to bigger companies like Nintendo, which has a much wider appeal imo, and yet things are selling out faster and faster, like with the limited edition new 3DS XLs... gone within 15 minutes of their listings online.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2