• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Background Checks Not Mandatory for Anime Expo, Except for Its Employees, Volunteers

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoctorScorpio

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 3:26 am Reply with quote
We are talking about AX though, it does not take place in a university.

Dessa wrote:
Furthermore, even if the law itself doesn't bar you from taking your weapon into a building/event, if they have policies against weapons (regardless of permits), and you enter with a weapon, you are guilty of tresspassing, and the police can arrest you for that.

As indicated in an earlier post (not by me), you will be asked to leave. You get arrested if you refuse to leave. This is of course if you decide to flaunt your concealed weapon for some unknown reason.

This all started with someone implying that having a gun at a convention makes them a psychopath.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 10:28 pm Reply with quote
MidoriUma wrote:
Nobody except a psychopath would be stupid enough to bring a gun to a convention. The police would arrest you on sight.

Yet, still people bring guns to TSA checkpoints at the airport. I don't think all of them are psychopaths. I think a lot of them are simply clueless.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Alright folks we're getting OT again. Let's move on from the gun debate and carry & conceal laws please before it goes further OT. Thank you.

Akaname wrote:
I wish that I had access to my original post which has been deleted and completely censored, a violation of my first amendment rights.

Actually no it's not. Hate to burst your bubble. Private company. As mentioned try going to work and telling your boss he's a fat moron and then claim 1st amendment rights. Let us know how many seconds it takes before you're fired.

Akaname wrote:
I realize these rights don't apply here., but I had no idea that my posts would be deleted. I would like for you to go ahead and publicly state that you are going to censor anybody's thoughts who are not inline with your own agenda(which is unclear to me at this time.)

Actually you're right, they don't apply here. Already stated that above. As for censoring people who don't agree with our "agenda" please stop the political soapboxing. Save it for a Trump rally. There is no agenda here other than ALL USERS are expected to post in a civil manner. It's right in our rules, number 1 in fact. I doubt you've read them.

Akaname wrote:
You should reinstate my original post and explain **to me** and to this community why you think that it needed censoring. You are essentially enabling pedophiles. But that's the world we live in today.

Your post is remaining trashed. I'll risk the pedophiles and nazis on dinosaurs. I also clearly stated in my edit of your post why i removed it. I guess you must have overlooked that in your internet rage filled "Murika!!!" rant. I'll repeat myself for a third time. All users are expected to post civilly and be polite. Rule #1 here. A rude blanket judgment & bigoted transphobic rant that insults an entire group of people is not civil nor polite. It's about as far from it as you can get. Regardless on the topic. Furthermore your rant was also OFF TOPIC. Also a rule here. Even if it was 100% civil it would still have probably been at the very least edited to remove the OT parts. You're perfectly entitled to post your opinions here even if they're unpopular ones. Provided you follow the rules like everyone else. Your post did not, simple as that. If you don't want it to happen again I suggest you read the rules here and follow them. Then your posts won't be removed or edited. Also quite simple. Now that ends this discussion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4