• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Weeks of Jan 1-28

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Actually, now that I look at it again, my question should have been "How the hell did it end up in 7th place on both charts the first week?" Smile

It seems to be a combination of (relatively) highly rated episode of Classicaloid, modest first episode ratings for a number of new shows which subsequently increased in rating and thereby ranking afterwards, and Nanbaka doing well recently.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:51 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
^And yet for several weeks, for various reasons, Kabaneri topped the cumulative rankings here, only falling for substantial reasons and not access issues/protests.

Then I am misremembering things. I remember being surprised by how much some people were hating on the second half of Kabaneri. I agree that Biba did a lot of damage to the writing and momentum of the show, but apparently the harshest critics of the show forgot that the ending was well handled and that the production values were great throughout. BUT I had totally forgotten that Kabaneri did well in the ANN weekly/cumulative rankings.

And zrnzle500, I am not trying to be rude and/or nasty, but you seem to love correcting posters who present inaccuracies. In the past I tended to want to correct posters too, but I found it tiresome. But good on you for having the disposition to (for lack of a better word) police the forums. And again, I am not being sarcastic; I am serious.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:26 pm Reply with quote
^Thank you. I am not so conceited to consider myself as such, not to say your choice of language is unreasonable. I would say that is is just a result of the nature of a pedant such as myself to correct inaccuracies where one sees them. There are plenty of times where doing so has been tiresome, and I've been inaccurate and corrected myself. I do not know if I can live up to such a role but if satisfying my desires to gain and present knowledge has that effect, so be it.
AksaraKishou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:53 am Reply with quote
I'm still trying to figure out why Ao no Exorcist's so low... It's, hands down, one of the best anime of the season. And i'm not the only one to think this.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:44 am Reply with quote
It's because lots of other people don't think so.
bastek66

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:00 am Reply with quote
Why aren't you ranking LWA?
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:58 am Reply with quote
It isn't being reviewed because it doesn't have a legal simulcast in the U.S.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2