• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
My Hero Academia Season 3 Listed With 25 Episodes

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nodz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:19 pm Reply with quote
ETX wrote:
Zeino wrote:
So all the way up to the Overhaul arc then?

At the very most, the spoiler[Deku vs Kaccha rematch and possible set-up for the Hero Licensing Exam Arc.]

I think they can adapt spoiler[all the Hero Licensing Exam Arc].
With 25 episodes and if they adapt 2 chapters per episodes.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:12 am Reply with quote
OH HELL YEAH!!!
And the simuldub again! That is very good indeed xD
DigitalScratch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:00 am Reply with quote
ETX wrote:

At the very most, the spoiler[Deku vs Kaccha rematch and possible set-up for the Hero Licensing Exam Arc.]

Yeah that sounds about right. Though I’m curious if it’ll end earlier than that, spoiler[ Right on or after the end of the fight between All Might and All for One. Which is one of the best fights in the entire series imo, primarily cause of how emotionally powerful it was.]

I know BNHA is a huge hit, but part of me is wondering if/when BONES may devolve into Filler and then end it early like they did with their most well know long-running manga adaptations (FMA 2003 and Soul Eater.) Which means having their infamous controversial original endings. I’m thinking about this now cause the above spoiler is the best place to simply end and cut off an anime adaptation of this series if you can’t keep up with the manga anymore.

I’m just curious how long they can go, unless BNHA is going to be their answer to One Piece and Naruto. The waiting time between each season allows for the manga to get past more arcs and provide a load of material and there’s no pressure to commit to year long releases. So maybe they will keep the BNHA anime going for as long as the manga.
matt78

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:36 am Reply with quote
DigitalScratch wrote:

I know BNHA is a huge hit, but part of me is wondering if/when BONES may devolve into Filler and then end it early like they did with their most well know long-running manga adaptations (FMA 2003 and Soul Eater.) Which means having their infamous controversial original endings. I’m thinking about this now cause the above spoiler is the best place to simply end and cut off an anime adaptation of this series if you can’t keep up with the manga anymore.

I’m just curious how long they can go, unless BNHA is going to be their answer to One Piece and Naruto. The waiting time between each season allows for the manga to get past more arcs and provide a load of material and there’s no pressure to commit to year long releases. So maybe they will keep the BNHA anime going for as long as the manga.

Isn't there a spinoff manga that they could animate if they need to resort to fillers?
SandyBoi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:53 pm Reply with quote
They will definitely reachspoiler[Deku vs Kacchan 2]. Keep in mind, Season 2 adapted chapters 20-21 through to part of Chapter 70 - which is well, roughly 50 chapters. That's 2 chapters per episode. If we go by that and they do the same here, I'll expect them to reach spoiler[Deku vs Kacchan 2] and end with a teaser of spoiler[Mirio, Nejire and Tamaki] - which means they should reach roughly Chapter 120-121.

If they only adapted all the way to spoiler[All Might vs All for One], that's like covering 24-25 chapters or so in 25 episodes, which'll be slow as hell. That won't be happening.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2