• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rate and Score page not working

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:58 pm Reply with quote
The Rate the Latest Simulcast page on ANN keeps giving me an error message that reads as such:

We're terribly sorry but an unexpected error occured while generating this page.
A notification has been automatically sent to the webmaster and he'll look into the matter as soon as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

This happens on different browsers on different devices, so this can't be happening to just me. The strange thing about this is that when I'm signed out of my ANN account, the page works fine. However, when I'm signed in, it gives me the above error message. I've noticed this just today. It's always worked fine for me before.

Please fix this as soon as you can and thank you very much in advance.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:26 am Reply with quote
Ah yeah, sorry about that. I have some experimental code running on admin/fast. I'm currently on a trip but I'll fix it tomorrow. In the meantime you can change your subscription setting so you are not redirected to fast, and use www instead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:45 am Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Ah yeah, sorry about that. I have some experimental code running on admin/fast. I'm currently on a trip but I'll fix it tomorrow. In the meantime you can change your subscription setting so you are not redirected to fast, and use www instead.

Thank you very much for the response back. I'll try out what you said for now and just play the waiting game until it gets fixed.
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:

So, as you suggested, I am currently using the www address and the Rate and Score page have been working fine. Thank you again for the suggestion.

So I am wondering if there has been any update regarding a fix for said page coming anytime soon. I apologize if this comes off as me bugging you in any way. Please respond back when you get the chance and thank you very much in advance again.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Ah right, I uploaded a fix earlier so that should be working now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
AnimeFan617
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Ah right, I uploaded a fix earlier so that should be working now.

It is! Much appreciated!
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1