• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Descendants of Darkness Manga Returns After 8 Years

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rabrek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Finny-chan wrote:
I wish PeaceMaker Kurogane would return with more manga chapters too since its been on hiatus for almost four years now Sad

PMK has been continued - the chapters have been released for cell phones. Dunno if/when a tankouban will be compiled...
WindAlchemistJen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:37 pm Reply with quote
It's about time! This is one of my favorites, and I hope this means she'll be continuing it soon, since it kinda left off at a bad place. So, I'm definitely hoping she'll continue it and, and this is a longshot, I'm hoping they'll continue the anime, since there's a lot of room for more. However, I'll be happy with just having the manga finally finished.
jedimaster5000

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:04 pm Reply with quote
never knew this series was on hiatus...esp for so long. Kind of remind me of this other manga, Beet the Vandal Buster, which is on hiatus too

I might read this now
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote
YAY!
Mikuru

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:21 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Sweet. I just hope it finishes up that particular arc. Though, frankly, I'd prefer she revise the art in general, since the anime really makes her sense of movement and detail amateur, by comparison. In fact, screw it. Just gimme an anime sequel instead. BTW, the anime appears to be on Hulu!

I started reading the first volume of the manga and thought it seemed very different from the series. Tsuzuki seemed also more, hmm...evil? Is the rest of the manga like this or does it get better?
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:08 am Reply with quote
Well, the arc where it got cut off seemed to be where it was getting better. But in general, I don't think it really gets better until the girls show up. So to answer your question, yes, but just barely. That's why I like the anime more.
geishageek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Sadly the article does not state she is writing any new material for DoD. It's a step in the right direction that she is retouching things that were created almost 10 years ago, but until I see actual new chapters being released, I won't hold my breath. And we may not ever see this volume 12 in the US. Viz probably lost the rights for distribution long ago.

I have been re-watching the series on the Syfy channel and had forgotten how awesomely bad the anime was. I often listen to the soundtrack, just for the full version of the Devils Trill, which I have attempted to play on violin and gave up.
Youkai Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I love Descendants of Darkness, but I honestly don't know what to make of this. The manga was good, but it went down hill after volume 8, and volume 11, what was Yoko Matsushita thinking doing that to Hisoka?! Evil or Very Mad The anime was better than the manga, to me anyways. Besides, like geishageek said, this doesn't necessarily mean that the manga is continuing. It's in the right direction, but it's not there yet.
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:25 pm Reply with quote
domino wrote:
I wonder what she's been doing for 8 years..? Or what 8 years away from drawing manga has done to her artwork...

In any case, this is an old favorite so I'm excited.

I liked the anime version on the Sci Fi Channel, though i have yet to find the manga version. Was never the yaoi user though watching Mirage of Blaze and this has made me interested though.

Are there others similar to this one???
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
jr: Gravitation and Fake come to mind.
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Gravi's being released in double volume manga issues from TP right now (I obviously haven't been to the comic shop in awhile as I picked up 3 volumes yesterday. I'm replacing my well-worn originals)
Gravi is different-crazier. (I love K. All Americans are armed & dangerous, right? And the Panda mech was too much fun).
If you want BL on the less explicit side there's Korean stuff like Let Dai (pretty intense-more dark like Mirage of Blaze) or Boy Princess. Totally Captivated was nice. Love Mode or Junjyo Romantica (back top the Japanese titles) seem more similar to me. We're supposed to be getting the Junjyo anime someday...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2