• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2010-09-08

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
And Robin just summed up the internet. So next time I get asked, "what is the internet?" I will show this strip.

Dear Dr. Tran,
Where do you get all that butter for your bacon hat?

Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Vicserr

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
Faiga_Raisa wrote:
Speaking of bacon...I have grown slightly tired of it. But I was stoked when I discovered J&D's Bacon Salt. Seriously, food makes me happy now that it tastes like bacon without my heart hurting. It's pretty cool since there's no actual bacon, just tastes like it. Vegetarian friendly and kosher!

Well, I do hope you are using that bacon salt with moderation, because you're hurting your heart with the salt anyway...

And about Turkey bacon... it's different a not so rasonable faxcimile, but it works in a pinch.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
If there's a joke here, I do not get it at all.

Me neither and I've been reading Anime News Nina for a long time now.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the comic and such, but if there was a joke or reference, I didn't really get it.

The last panel really does confuse me the most though. Why does the waiter care if Nina subs the bacon for ham?

Also, exactly what does Kevin outside hanging out with Nina and Paula? Does he have a job or go to college? I am guessing he has to since he lives in a apartment and buy's anime.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
The last panel really does confuse me the most though. Why does the waiter care if Nina subs the bacon for ham?

Let me put it this way: the next time someobody says you should want to eat meatloaf, because it is just like a hamburger after you have eaten it, ask them why you should be excited about eating vomit.

Ham =/= god-strips!
alpha_beta_angel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:29 pm Reply with quote
This strip is oh-so-relevant in my household this week, my husband had no idea what memes, viral videos were and how crazy some people get referencing popular trends on the internet. All this started because he liked a t-shirt with an in-joke graphic on it. If only I'd seen this earlier...would of saved many tedious explanations LOL

All the bacon mentions made me think of this.http://www.tifr.us/tifr/2009/11/19/bacon-beer-mug.html
mimosa_usagi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:53 am Reply with quote
This is official we are now all calling bacon god-strips. Very Happy
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:42 am Reply with quote
I'll be frank. I didn't really enjoy this comic... until I got to the last panel! Razz
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote
Bacon is not "God Strips", they're strips of coronary heart disease. Wink

Am I the only one what got Nina's asking for ham was a way of telling him what he's acting like a pirate was like? The end panel tells me he got it. Wink
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:24 am Reply with quote
It's been a couple of weeks since there's been a new comic. I know there are usually weeks off and such, but this seems unusually quiet.

Is Robin okay?
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote
I've been wondering about that myself. I think her wedding is getting close, maybe that's the reason?
SoloButterfly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I would think there would be an announcement if she's off on her wedding and honeymoon, but maybe it just slipped through the cracks. Will be patiently waiting for more Nina in the meantime.
Jadress

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Sorry guys, I took another week off due to the wedding, but it didn't get announced! I'm working on the next strip as we speak, so no worries! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3