• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ouran High School Host Club Manga to Enter Final Arc

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jomy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:20 am Reply with quote
ninjapet wrote:
I knew Ouran was heading to a end for a while but.

Anime cry Only three chapters left I'm kind of depressed now I love the series.

But that CD thing is interesting, getting the anime voice cast back together sounds cool. Wonder if that will lead to anything else? (I can dream about a season 2 can't I? )

**I haven't been following the manga for a while now since I was waiting for it to end but this CD thing you mentioned, would it be like a magazine furoku or a CD released on its own? So Ouran, is it published in a monthly magazine? That means it should end in about September, right? How many manga volumes and chapters is it at right now?

Cynthia
lys

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
jomy wrote:
**I haven't been following the manga for a while now since I was waiting for it to end but this CD thing you mentioned, would it be like a magazine furoku or a CD released on its own? So Ouran, is it published in a monthly magazine? That means it should end in about September, right? How many manga volumes and chapters is it at right now?

Cynthia

I don't know anything about the CD, but as for your other questions—Ouran is serialized in LaLa, which is monthly. It's up to 16 volumes in Japan, plus 6 chapters that haven't made it to a book yet (as of the "September" issue that just came out last week). Most volumes have 5-6 chapters plus a bonus chapter or something. So I would guess it will end at 18 volumes (assuming an "arc" fills just one volume), since it's already got more than enough chapters for v17 and the most recent chapter wasn't the final one.

Oh, rereading the article—it says the CD will be offered as a special mail-away, so it sounds like the CD won't be actually in the magazine like a freebie furoku, nor will it be available through normal purchasing means like amazon or cdjapan... (I'm guessing). There'll be some kind of order form in the magazine starting with next month's issue. I'm not sure how it would work to try to order one from outside of Japan...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2