• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How fast is Rightstuf's shipping on pre-orders?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:20 am Reply with quote
Well, I can tell you what they'll do when it's out of stock. In both of my previous orders, I had out of stock item(s). They waited about 7 days to email me a "We're working on it" email.

Rightstuf Email wrote:
Thank you for ordering from Right Stuf International - Your Anime Superstore!

Unfortunately we are unable to ship your complete order due to the unforeseen demand for the item listed below, or your item is not yet released:

=insert item(s) and price/quantity here=

We receive shipments of items from our suppliers every day, and your item is on order with the manufacturer. We hope to be able to fill your order promptly.

And they continue to email you this same form every week or so until they are able to ship it. Or at least three weeks. That's the longest I had to wait for something. And now, upon rereading the text (which I copied directly from an email) it mentions 'not yet released' so I assume the same procedure would be done for preorders.

On a side note, you would not believe how happy it made me to recieve these emails. Despite being form letters, it showed me that they had an 'active interest' in my order. It wasn't forgotten and just sitting in the dust, waiting for someone to remember. I'd NEVER gotten an email like that from any where else before... I'd always just have to wait and wonder and try to dig up information myself.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Shorty22 wrote:
On a side note, you would not believe how happy it made me to recieve these emails. Despite being form letters, it showed me that they had an 'active interest' in my order. It wasn't forgotten and just sitting in the dust, waiting for someone to remember. I'd NEVER gotten an email like that from any where else before... I'd always just have to wait and wonder and try to dig up information myself.

Yeah I agree with you at least you know that their system is actively working for you looking for your items. This is also the same message you get when you preorder something.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
indrik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I just got my first "it's on backorder but we're working on it" email today. So far, I am pleased. That's really all I want. That, and I want it to ship in something less than... say, two months. Or to give me the option of cancelling, which I already have, so it's all good so far.

But you gotta know these things before you start giving somebody your business, you know? If you get their anime club thing, they're competitive with Amazon on price. I certainly buy enough anime to justify it... ask the mrs. indrik, she'll tell you. Loudly. If they're as good as or better on customer service, then I'll jump. With both feet.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:02 pm Reply with quote
indrik wrote:
But you gotta know these things before you start giving somebody your business, you know? If you get their anime club thing, they're competitive with Amazon on price. .

I love my Anime club card, I normally only order when there is a super sale, so that's is normally 35-40% off my order and then you take an additional 10% off that price. It's one of the reason why I always buy from TRSI, also I do appriecate their awesome Customer service.
Till next time,

Delta Kiral
Webki

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:42 pm Reply with quote
indrik wrote:

But you gotta know these things before you start giving somebody your business, you know? If you get their anime club thing, they're competitive with Amazon on price. I certainly buy enough anime to justify it... ask the mrs. indrik, she'll tell you. Loudly. If they're as good as or better on customer service, then I'll jump. With both feet.

This can't be a true statement... Some of the things RightStuf has FAR beat out Amazon.

Exibit A: Azumanga Daioh.

RightStuf vs. Amazon

I see a ~$20 price difference. Quite significant.

Not only that but there are tons of other $6-$10 DVDs on their site.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:35 pm Reply with quote
For how fast Rightstuff gets things and ships them, well...

Kamichu vol. 2 arrived today (shipped last Wed or Thurs w/Economy shipping) and it isn't officially out until Aug 15th.

Godannar vol. 7 is marked as "Reserved for your Order" (which means they have it in stock but are waiting for more of your order to come in to ship it) and it isn't supposed to be out until the 29th.
indrik

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Stuff I have looked at recently:

GitS:SAC 2G v. 6 LE @ Amazon, $39.99

Same @ Righstuf, $45

Less 10%= approximately the same. Duly noted that v. 7 is $37.49 at Rightstuf, and $34.99 at Amazon.

FMA v. 11, $17.98 @ Amazon

Same @ Righstuf, $26.98

Most stuff from FMA-ish is $19.49-$21.99 at Amazon, and $22.49-$26.98 at Rightstuf, excluding the boxes. So again, less 10%= approximately the same. A little more at the Rightstuf on that one. So yeah, if you're after something that came out last year, Amazon has probably forgotten about it, and Rightstuf is trying to lower stock levels. But new stuff, it looks like Righstuf is right around 10% higher than Amazon.
ManOfRust

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:14 am Reply with quote
indrik wrote:

Most stuff from FMA-ish is $19.49-$21.99 at Amazon, and $22.49-$26.98 at Rightstuf, excluding the boxes. So again, less 10%= approximately the same. A little more at the Rightstuf on that one. So yeah, if you're after something that came out last year, Amazon has probably forgotten about it, and Rightstuf is trying to lower stock levels. But new stuff, it looks like Righstuf is right around 10% higher than Amazon.

This is true, but you are only looking at regular price items at RightStuf. It's their sales and bargain bin items that are really great. Granted, the stuff in the bargain bin tends to be older titles, but their sales are usually based on a whole studio's or publisher's products and usually run 35 to 40% off suggested retail. They are not always the cheapest, but they often are, and their service really is great.

I'm still psyched about finding all 6 individual Azumanga Daioh disks there for $7 each. I got the full set with all the extras for about the same cost as the Thinpak edition with none of the extras.
daxomni

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:39 am Reply with quote
ManOfRust wrote:
I'm still psyched about finding all 6 individual Azumanga Daioh disks there for $7 each. I got the full set with all the extras for about the same cost as the Thinpak edition with none of the extras.

Me too! This might be old news to lots of folks, but it's a total steal to me! I just recently got into AD after a friend suggested it and loaned me the first disc. Scenes like the pillow incident just leave me on the floor! That is sooooooo my kind of humor. I just love it. My only hope is that it doesn't get all weird and creepy like some folks have implied on other threads, but so far it hasn't been any worse than most anime comedies.

Mucho thanks to Webki for pointing out what a steal TRSI has going on AD!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2