• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Japan's Gravure Idols Want to Teach You About Historical Armor

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:18 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

I think the point nobahn is making is that you in particular tend to go to every single news article just to post "Oh, OK, this is interesting" or "Oh, that's surprising", which in itself isn't a bad thing, but the fact that you do it all the time and that it doesn't add anything to the discussion makes it seem like a pointless way to raise your post-count or something. It's just an encouragement to say "I think this is interresting because..." or "I have this opinion about this particular topic because...". You're perfectly capable of articulating such opinions in other threads (and you proved that here). What I'm trying to say is that you don't have to post in every single article, and that if you can't add more than "Thanks, that's interesting", then there's really not much point in commenting at all.

Not to go off topic, but I've seen other people on ANN leaving similar "one-liner" as Nobahn claim and I could put many example, but I'm going to use these 2 example and how they not get the same warning like I did:

This person saying "Loud Noise" and Nobahn happened to let this one go.

This opener for the offbeat idol group

So if my sentence is a one-liner, why did these 2 users not get the same warning like I did?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:31 pm Reply with quote
^I'm not an expert on Teh Rules or forum etiquette but here's my take on it:

Many people use one-liners and don't get warned about it because it's not really "forbidden" as much as it is a kind suggestion that you try to elaborate further your ideas. Some people just drop by to make a one-liner joke (I do it from time to time) which is generally OK. Other one-liners such as "OMG I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS SEQUEL YAAAASSS" are sort of OK too because you're joining a hyped community excitement. So long as you don't do it in every.single.thread.ever, it should be fine.

But you (and I imagine there are a couple of other users) do it systematically, in every thread and all you say is "OK, this is interesting". I think I read an average of 3-5 such replies from you per day. Once again, it's not that it's wrong, it's just that just posting "Oh, interesting" in 20 threads per day seems a rather pointless thing to do, both for you and for the discussion and these forums are about sharing and discussing stuff, so it's normal to expect something more meaningful than just 20 000 posts of "Oh, this is interesting"
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Let's take this to PMs, please.

Thank you.
Admiral Pizzaman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:49 am Reply with quote
The grey, western-like armor suit properly belongs to Oda Nobunaga and the red armor suit is Sanada Yukimura. Where is Date Masamune and Uesugi Kenshin's armor suits? I want to see it.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 6:29 am Reply with quote
Stuart Smith wrote:
PBS and History Channel should take note.

-Stuart Smith

Leave PBS alone. Twisted Evil It's a decent channel.

History Channel on the other hand hasn't been a history channel since forever so I guess it could be used for a Babes & Armor info-sexy-historico-documentary.
Hmm Megan Fox in a 15th century Lombard Armor Anime catgrin now that I'd like to see. Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
I wonder what a harem show like this would like like. It could sell given that there have been a number of harem/fan service shows about feudal Japan in the last few years.
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Damn, now I can't unsheathe my sword to penetrate that wall.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2