• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Comcept, Studio 4°C Unveil 'Red Ash' Game, Anime Kickstarter Projects

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juno016

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
My namesake isn't DEAD!?
I mean, technically it is, but I'll take this, too. In that promo video, I was totally expecting Beck to slide under a door and start talking to Call after finally finding the treasure. I still expect the robot to not be totally dead, albeit maybe a little broken. It'll re-activate. You know it.

Yeah, I'm backing this. It may or may not be great, but you can betcha that this could be our final chance at appealing for anything like Rockman Dash.

And Inafune says it has nothing to do with Dash, but... c'mon...
Red Ash.
RED ASH.
REDASH.
RE DASH.
We all know he's lying, but he's getting maybe a little TOO clever...
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:47 am Reply with quote
@Docoda

Actually they're the same, they are just different languages. The Stretchgoals, each goal mentions more time and another level.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:54 am Reply with quote
@AsherFischell

I am well aware of how funding works, but a studio makes money from the projects, money they need to stay afloat. And with he money they made with Berserk, I don't see why they can't spare some for this.

Concept have been around for awhile
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comcept
I know the money for KN9 went on the game, but we are close to launch and you just know they are going to make a lot of profit from selling this game, yet putting it into a game, no they just want to do another kickstarter.

What worries me is that Kickstarter will become less of a place for ideas that can't get funded, but instead over glorified pre-orders.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:37 am Reply with quote
Vanadise wrote:
Personally I think this looks pretty cool, although running two simultaneous Kickstarters might not have been a great idea, since fans will effectively be splitting their spending between the two. I still hope they're successful, though.

Yeah, personally, I don't want to back two things from the same person at the same time. Red Ash looks interesting, but I'd rather I get Mighty No. 9 first.

One company this small splitting resources between three games also soudns rather dangerous. I've read stories about small companies having so much ambition, they spread themselves too thin on too many projects and disintegrate, sometimes before they even release their first project.

MarshalBanana wrote:
What worries me is that Kickstarter will become less of a place for ideas that can't get funded, but instead over glorified pre-orders.

Hasn't successful crowdfunding projects been mostly about treating backing as pre-orders? I mean, when you bring in private investors, which is the alternative, the investors expect to to get something good in return. Crowdfunding is no different, only the "something" is usually money by traditional investing and goodies with crowdfunding.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2