• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vertical to Release Audio Light Novels in Spring 2016

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
So anther reason not to read
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm not really into audio books, but with sound effects and music included in this, I might have to give this a shot. Will depend on pricing too.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:52 am Reply with quote
NuGaiNM7 wrote:
From the wording of the article, it seems like the audio version of the LNs will still be in Japanese. (At least I hope it is; trying to translate/re-write the dialogue-scripts in English will be a pain.)

A Japanese language-only audiobook released as something English speakers can pick up and understand is a terrible terrible terrible idea.

Also

North American publisher Vertical announced at New York Comic Con (NYCC) on Friday that it will begin releasing audio light novels in spring 2016. The new digital media format will include voice acting, music, and sound effects.

Nothing to suggest this will be Japanese audio. What makes you think that... especially considering audio books don't have visuals so having one be Japanese only and sold in America is asking for failure.

If they were doing Japanese audio then it probably would be marketed as an audiobook. It would be like a motion comic type thing where there is a visual so it's natural to expect people to look at a screen (unlike audio, which is often experienced without a screen or while something completely unrelated to the audio is on a screen).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2