• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Romeo x Juliet Trailer

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 7:33 pm Reply with quote
This will deffinately be something to watch when it arrives on VHS & DVD. I remember reading this play, shortened version, last year in 9th grade which I did not mind reading at all.

I'm also going to be paying attention to how this anime series differs from the original play. Judging from the trailer I feel proud to say that the changes make this Willaim Shakespear work all the more grand! Smile
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:40 pm Reply with quote
RadicalHaruko wrote:
I must admit I wasn't really impressed with this series when I first heard about it, but I think that trailer just completely changed my mind. After all, Gankutsuou is great, so why should this not be?

Although I don't remember Romeo and Juliet ever battling each other with swords...

Gankutsuou didn't exactly stick to the original novel either. They will use the original play as a template and add and change things as they see fit. As long as the ending is more or less the same (read: they die tragically) I'm all for it since I was never a big fan of Romeo and Juliet. Of the Shakespeare plays I've read, it ranks last.
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:13 am Reply with quote
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Speaking of, was that Junichi Sato listed among the credits? Is he going to direct this?

"Audio Supervisor" according to the Encyclopedia.

I'm willing to give it a chance, as I also enjoyed Gankutsuou.
ShinigamiZero16

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:01 am Reply with quote
like most people seem to have thought as I've read, yeah, at first i saw this and was like Romeo and Juliet anime???? then i saw the trailer and yeah, i really think i might have to see it Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:16 am Reply with quote
It's Shakespeare in title only. Love the flying horse, it was one of my earliest dreams as a very young boy. Good none the less, but this could be any medieval fantasy romance drama really. It was fine until the last scene, then I changed the title to "Castle in the Sky, The Early Days."

[Edit] Edited for spelling.

Last edited by Mohawk52 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 5:31 am Reply with quote
Nobuyuki wrote:
MorwenLaicoriel wrote:

Speaking of, was that Junichi Sato listed among the credits? Is he going to direct this?

"Audio Supervisor" according to the Encyclopedia.

I'm willing to give it a chance, as I also enjoyed Gankutsuou.

"Audio Supervisor"? Huh. So he'll be in charge of supervising the music...? Or the voice acting...?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
vikari

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I looks extreamly interesting.......I was a bit skepticle about it but it seems to looke very interesting
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:56 am Reply with quote
I had no idea that a trailer was already out. I must admit that what I've seen so far has managed to pique my interest, I'm quite psyched that Hitoshi Sakimoto is the one composing; I loved his work on FFT and Vagrant Story.

The animation wasn't that impressive and I've seen better stuff in the past, but the premise seems interesting enough, I'll definitely be looking forward to this one.
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 2:29 am Reply with quote
i just got to watch that and WOW, that looked and sounded amazing, the animation was wonderful, the character design seemed a little ehh....BUT the city and action packed fluid animation was crazy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
punmaster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:47 am Reply with quote
After seeing the first episode, I can confirm that the trailer really did deliver the proper tone and it didn't mislead me at all.
But, this is the first episode... so let's cross our fingers and hope it doesn't go down hill. Knowing Gonzo, they would probably do something ridiculous to ruin this(they are writing a new plot after all) and make it into a cheese-fest that will confused everyone. I'm not saying the first episode was perfect, there are a lot of things that made me go "what the hell?" but... I can still be hopeful... right? Laughing
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2