• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Nisekoi Romantic Comedy Manga Reaches 'Climax' Chapter

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hawkmonger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Mein Gott let it end!
Hikarunu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 2:57 pm Reply with quote
ssj1236 wrote:
truly the shittiest manga to date -_- Nisekoi is one manga I'd like to forget soon.
Still better than other romantic comedy manga, like School Rumble spoiler[which is no love confession after all the flags triggered.]
ssj1236

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:32 am Reply with quote
Hikarunu wrote:
ssj1236 wrote:
truly the shittiest manga to date -_- Nisekoi is one manga I'd like to forget soon.
Still better than other romantic comedy manga, like School Rumble spoiler[which is no love confession after all the flags triggered.]

A part of me agrees with you but on the other hand school rumble actually managed to be funny. In my opinion both are horrible but somehow i still like school rumble better than this steaming pile of shit.
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Never understood the appeal of this series, stayed rather generic for the most part and wasn't that funny.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:57 am Reply with quote
I have to say, Nisekoi has become good again ever since it decided on a place to go ands has been barreling there. The biggest thing that annoyed my about Nisekoi was all those chapters that ended in something that looked like it could further something big but never did. Now that Naoshi Komi has cut the crap out, it's become a lot better.

SpeckTech wrote:
to add one hilarious side bullet point:
spoiler[Tsugumi beats Claude's ass thanks to some inspiration from Honda, and it turns out Claude never realized that Tsugumi is a girl even with the giant adorable bow on her head and that he wanted her to marry a gorillla. Tsugumi then procedes to rip open her chest because it's PLOT time. ]

That was easily the highlight of the chapter it was in and pretty much took two characters out of the equation at once.

Monster Hunter wrote:
I am actually surprised the main character actually chose a single person. Usually these harem mangas the main character can't make a choice so he decides to be with everyone and all the girls are too spineless to kick the idiot to the curb and they are all just cool with it.

The entire series was leading towards Raku picking someone, even if it wasn't clear who he would choose. Unlike many other harem series, the girls don't stick closely together at all, and Raku's thoughts are frequently about whom he wants to decide upon or whom he made a promise to when he was little.

Does not make Nisekoi better in qriting quality than a normal harem series, but I would agree that it makes Raku a better harem protagonist than most others.
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:11 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:

The entire series was leading towards Raku picking someone, even if it wasn't clear who he would choose. Unlike many other harem series, the girls don't stick closely together at all, and Raku's thoughts are frequently about whom he wants to decide upon or whom he made a promise to when he was little.

Does not make Nisekoi better in qriting quality than a normal harem series, but I would agree that it makes Raku a better harem protagonist than most others.

They may have been leading up to him choosing somebody but they still could have pulled the usual harem trope Have Raku confess his love to his entire harem or just not make a choice and everyone just happily continues on chasing their husbando who refuses to choose anyone.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:30 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
They may have been leading up to him choosing somebody but they still could have pulled the usual harem trope Have Raku confess his love to his entire harem or just not make a choice and everyone just happily continues on chasing their husbando who refuses to choose anyone.

Indeed, they could have. But I would have been surprised if Nisekoi chose to go in that direction.
Kayame

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:59 pm Reply with quote
ssj1236 wrote:

My sentiments exactly.....never thought I'd read a manga that made me want to claw my eyes out.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:06 pm Reply with quote
ssj1236 wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:
ssj1236 wrote:

A part of me agrees with you but on the other hand school rumble actually managed to be funny. In my opinion both are horrible but somehow i still like school rumble better than this steaming pile of shit.

Honestly, I have never found the appeal in School Rumble like everyone else seems to have in it. Not one episode did I find funny and the manga just seemed to drag for me. And I love slice-of-life's.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:19 pm Reply with quote
Deynard wrote:
Again old news. Good job ANN.

Again, pointless trolling. Good job Deynard.
Cam0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:12 pm Reply with quote
While I never really liked Nisekoi that much, it would be cool to see the climax animated.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2