• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Best and Worst of the Season So Far: Week of Jan 29-Feb 4 [2017-02-09]

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BodaciousSpacePirate
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:08 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
Maybe it's cause I never really got into Harry Potter, but LWA is good but nothing amazing in my eyes.

Whether by design, coincidence, or a mixture of both, the LWA franchise has always seemed well-positioned to capture the attention of Western audiences, especially those who only watch anime infrequently on platforms like Netflix. My brother's girlfriend (who generally is bored by animated shows and movies) saw part of The Enchanted Parade, and said she enjoyed it because it reminded her of Disney's Sofia the First.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I cannot call this current season strong, but I am liking more shows that I anticipated. Any season with at least 5 shows that I like is not a disappointment. My current favorites are 1. Showa, 2. Scum's Wish, 3. Blue Exorcist, 4. Fuuka and 5. Kobayashi.
meiam

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Jayhosh wrote:
There's not too many direct plot points so far and it's intentionally light-hearted and easy viewing, more directly cartoonish than most anime.

Which is why I doubt it would top the score, I don't see why it would do better than dragon maid. Both show are very similar in many way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2