• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your Daily Streaming Reviews Schedule: Winter 2019

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Time Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:54 pm Reply with quote
zrnzle500 wrote:
Time Bandit wrote:
I'm so sad that Tsurune isn't getting continued coverage.

It ends next Sunday anyways, so its coverage was going to end next week regardless of the results of this vote.

Well, I think I might have forgotten about that, cause I really didn't want it to end. For some reason I thought it was a two cour. And now I'm even more sad...don't mind me...move on. Sad

Last edited by Time Bandit on Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:55 pm Reply with quote
Didn't think there was any doubt Promised Neverland and Kaguya-Sama would get covered, they're two of the most popular premieres of the season, but I'm pleasantly surprised The Quintessential Quintuplets is getting reviewed as well. It was a unassuming first episode that exceeded my expectations with how surprisingly sweet and wholesome it ended up being. Can't wait to see how it progresses.

Same with The Price of Smiles, which I will fully admit I'm interested primarily because of the second episode's ending twist.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:56 pm Reply with quote
I'll probably be following Kotobuki, so there's a high chance it will get a season-summary review if it doesn't eventually get picked up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
meiam

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
I'll probably be following Kotobuki, so there's a high chance it will get a season-summary review if it doesn't eventually get picked up.
[url]

Yeah I'm a bit surprised it didn't make the cut, probably the 100% CG. Would have rather it being just CG for plane (well really would have rather it'd be hand drawn for everything).

Surprised Circus wasn't drop, can't imagine many people still watch it.

Very glad W'z was picked, would really like it it would be possible to have some visual element to the review, a bit like the "this week in anime". [/url]
Toonces

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Sort of surprised that Date A Live III isn't getting covered. I would've thought that had more fans here. Conversely, I didn't think Morose Mononokean II would make it through. Not complaining, as I don't watch either of those (for now), just wasn't what I was expecting.

Otherwise, everything I really wanted is getting picked up or continuing, so that's cool. And happy that James is getting W'z. Laughing
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:21 pm Reply with quote
Toonces wrote:
Conversely, I didn't think Morose Mononokean II would make it through. Not complaining, as I don't watch either of those (for now), just wasn't what I was expecting.

Well, the first season was covered here, and it was relatively well received both by its reviewer and the users. Since the new season retains the first's charms, I would have been surprised if it didn't get covered.
Sukottosan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 pm Reply with quote
Of course Theron Martin gets Shield Hero. Will good for him I guess. He sounds right person for the job
Chrono1000

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 pm Reply with quote
pwnagemaster wrote:
Interesting that Kemurikusa is getting covered, while Kemono Friends 2 isn't.
I voted for both shows but I am not surprised it turned out that way since a lot of people have heard about what Kadokawa did to the original production studio. That most likely caused a good percentage of people who liked Kemono Friends to only vote for Kemurikusa. A bit unfortunate since I think they did well with the second season which captures the feel of the first season and has the original VAs but I can understand why it happened.

Toonces wrote:
Sort of surprised that Date A Live III isn't getting covered.
The animation quality for the third season has gotten cheaper and they also reduced the amount of fanservice (spoiler[changing the angle on Kotori's flying kick so that the viewer doesn't see anything]). I still voted for it but that is a baffling combination for the third season of a harem show.
OrdepNM

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:58 pm Reply with quote
So out of curiosity if you feel like sharing, was Wataten one of those situations where it kinda got enough votes to justify picking it up, but no one wanted it, or was it just plain outvoted?

Regardless, I'm glad Endro, Price of Smiles and My Roommate is a cat are all getting reviewed, Girly Airforce I wasn't expecting tbh. Here's hoping the Boogeypop reviews go well, that's gotta be a challenging one.

meiam wrote:
Surprised Circus wasn't drop, can't imagine many people still watch it. [/url]

Tbh, I voted for it because James's reviews/descent into madness alongside the show is funny as heck in an of itself.
catandmouse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:06 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad all 3 of the series I'm watching this season are being covered Smile
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Everything I voted for made it!

Thespacemaster wrote:
Good thing Theron is the one reviewing Shield Hero, he always has a better perspective when it comes to reviewing fantasy anime.

Ditto
Calico

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that James Beckett got W'z.
jenthehen

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Hooray most of my votes got in!

I’m a tiny bit disappointed Wataten didn’t, though, ngl Laughing
Sailor Sedna

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Alright, glad to see Asuka is getting covered.
Key

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:35 pm Reply with quote
OrdepNM wrote:
So out of curiosity if you feel like sharing, was Wataten one of those situations where it kinda got enough votes to justify picking it up, but no one wanted it, or was it just plain outvoted?

Zac and Jacob only know the actual numbers, but my estimation, based on trends over the years we've been doing this, is that it wasn't even that close to making the cut. Uzamaid didn't last season, either, and I don't think that's a coincidence. Even though there are ardent lolicon supporters who frequent this site, titles which even mildly lean in that direction and don't have some other compelling aspect in their favor (like Happy Sugar Life) never get much support for episode reviews. It's not just lolicon, either; BL, reverse-harem, and soft SOL series also rarely make the cut, although in the latter case I have to think it's because commentary on them wouldn't be that interesting.

Sailor Sedna wrote:
Alright, glad to see Asuka is getting covered.

I would have been dumbfounded if it hadn't. In my view the only more certain shoe-ins were Mob Psycho, Promised Neverland, and Shield Hero.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4