• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Indie Voice Actress Phan Masaki Recounts Tales of Unwanted Sexual Attention from Fans

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Errinundra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:09 pm Reply with quote
Posts deleted. A person's behaviour isn't excused by the nature of the fandom or the type of industry they work in.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Calsolum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Damn thats a really shitty experience she had to go through... but I'm glad she came out of while staying positive.
I would imagine its easier to shut down or deal with these issues to the best of your ability but coming out and talking about these issues takes a lot of courage. And it takes, even more, to look back and see the positive experiences despite the overwhelming negative ones.
Never heard of this voice actress until now but I hope the best for her and her message sparks a positive change whether its noticeable or not.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:04 am Reply with quote
Murder, She wrote:

an attempted rape by a former classmate. The latter experience prompted her to stop doing roles with rape scenes for a while, which made her lose work at her agency.

Wow, if that doesn't illustrate how prevalent rape scenes are in her line of work.........
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2