• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Overlord Novel Series Ends With 17th Volume

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:37 am Reply with quote
The anime has also teased us with characters, very briefly, that could be on Ains level. Though those who could be on his level and Nazarick's are the very one's they have been looking for since the very beginning.

Been very surprised that the Slane Theocracy hasn't been a target yet in the western light novel releases.

Of course for those that don't mind spoilers, there is also the Overlord Wiki page that will tease you even more with information from the Japanese light novel releases, but even then there is no feel of culmination yet.
Nordhmmer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:51 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
The anime has also teased us with characters, very briefly, that could be on Ains level. Though those who could be on his level and Nazarick's are the very one's they have been looking for since the very beginning.

The 2nd season's 1st episode was poorly adapted from the LN...Had the full conversations been allowed to playout, viewers would've learned that yet again there' New World level of what's powerful...Then there is Nazarick and it's whole other level of OPness.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:14 am Reply with quote
AnimeFlyz wrote:
Very doubtful. Its pretty clear that Maruyama is sick of writing (at least Overlord). He has gotten in drama over piracy and stuff ever since Season 3 finished. He is either gonna write something completely different, take a long vacation, or quit.

You mean this?: Overlord Author Kugane Maruyama Expresses Frustration at Fan Translations
Quote:
The Twitter user, who identifies by the name "RainyCloud," wrote: "A translation appears to have been uploaded to a foreign site. Isn't there any way to take action against this?"

Maruyama responded: "Oh man, really? My motivation to write has been going down the drain. Maybe I should finish Overlord and go back to being a company employee... Well, for now, I'll cut down on the planned story content and aim to finish the series at volume 17!"

And that was over a side story (for the 3rd season Blu-ray release) which is never gonna see an official translation. Yes, he definitely seems very sick of Overlord...
Kuroi Ren

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 7:01 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Takato wrote:
Why does it seem like a lot of popular light novel series are ending lately? We had SNAFU ending last year, recently The Devil is a Part Timer was announced to be ending, and now Overlord. What will end next?

IKR? For a lot of these anime, I've been hoping for a next season but now I doubt it will ever happen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2