• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Blood-C's Tsutomu Mizushima and Junichi Fujisaku

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qnworks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:23 pm Reply with quote
How come people like this series.
Is there anything in it what is not totally screwed up? Randomly spawning people on the street while the monster's been killing for 2 minutes. "Super exciting" action scenes with an invincible protagonist (seriously, she gets cut in pieces and still jumps around as she was fine) and characters no one could relate to. Huge, like 5 meters tall gay man talking about pink jelly stuff all day. Anti-joke teacher. The uncool coolguy. Well doesn't matter because they all gonna get killed!
Saya's like: Wee I am gonna save everybody! So than lets follow that man, wait until he gets torn apart by a monster than [expletive] go in the monster than come out just to slice it. The series is trying to be so very deep by adding an unreasonable amount of blood and gore. Since when did gore made a story deep? Last destination, Saw... Were those movies serious? At least the situations there were so absurd it was funny. Actually it's the same case with blood-c, only that its unintentional.
Well. You might ask why am I even watching it.
This series is one of those which is so bad, its hilarious. I laugh my ass off watching it.
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Do you know what I hope CLAMP does? I hope that they have a manga that's set in the United States. I'd love to see what they do with that. What do you guys think?
djfmurphy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
In my opinion, this series is seriously lame!!

Saya always waits till almost everyone gets kill to start fighting. That's just stupid. She keeps saying "I'm going to protect everyone", but lets a lot of people die before killing the bloody monster thing.

Quote:
Once you see the last episodes, you'll want to go back and watch it again from episode 1.

Right........

Thank God it's just 12 episodes.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:31 pm Reply with quote
"I won't let you kill any more than 33 people!"
RapidEyeMovement

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
"Utmost gentle nature"? That doesn't sound like Saya at all!

I might check this show out at some point, but CLAMP has been kinda hit-and-miss with me.
Monad

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:34 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
"I won't let you kill any more than 33 people!"

Hahaha! Exactly. Go back making comedies dudes because this anime is shit. Well it is a comedy in a way. So stupid that is a comedy. Saya has never being more stupid. Every previous incarnation of her is face-palming. Is that what he meant by making her "human"? News flash dude! Making her seem like a retarded moe girl, isn't "human". If you wanna see realistic "human" character go watch Saya from Blood+. Maybe you could learn a thing or two.

If going the "Clamp" way means ruining everything good that the Blood franchise ever had then Clamp should have left their damn hands away from it.
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
Considering it has a red exclamation mark beside the name, and there is no news to confirm that it is true, I am pretty sure someone was trolling the page by posting that. Their source is a Japanese page which confirms who is doing Saya's voice in general

I'll report it as it is obviously false.

well it does sound false , but it might be true. this was the same situation when the rumors about Imari Jimja was voicong as Lin Mimay for ADV's redubbing of the Macross series , then it turned out to be true so i would not count this news about nana mizuki being the VA for Blood C.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:05 pm Reply with quote
So Blood-C is a re-imagined work of Blood+ if Clamp had worked on it. That's pretty interesting. I'd be curious to see how this fares.
Aeriven

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
There is a movie coming out in 2012. Maybe if both the series and film do well they might do a second season. But we can only wait and see (don't know if the movie will be a re-telling or a sequel to the TV series).

Considering there's only four episodes left to wrap up what's left in this show (and it feels to me like there's quite a bit left), I sincerely hope the movie is a continuation and not a re-telling.

After hearing all the backlash over the first episode, and later viewing it for myself, I immediately assumed that BLOOD-C was going to try and pull you into a false sense of security with all the "pleasantries" of country life, drop a few hints that something is terribly wrong here, then slap you in the face with something horrific that completely flips everything on its head. spoiler[The way in which we lost not just one, but BOTH twins certainly did it for me.] Although, I have to agree that they played the "there's totally nothing wrong here guys" angle a bit too hard in the beginning, and it felt borderline boring at times. spoiler[In addition, while the twins dying kind of served as a visible "turning point" for Saya and the story, I wasn't as crushed as I could've been about their deaths.] I think the series would've been better served by cutting down some of that seemingly useless junk in the beginning by an episode or so and giving us a little more character development. I am somewhat intrigued by that familiar claim of there being a bunch of hidden hints if you watch the series again knowing everything. Guess we'll see if that beginning is as useless as it appears.

Anyway, I'm a long-time CLAMP fan, so that kept me going despite the slow start, and I'm not regretting it at this point.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Aeriven wrote:

spoiler[In addition, while the twins dying kind of served as a visible "turning point" for Saya and the story, I wasn't as crushed as I could've been about their deaths.]

When I told my sister about this event (she stopped watching after the first episode) she was so giddy that she literally jumped with joy. Honestly, I wasn't exactly feeling terribly saddened by this event either... this really tells you something about how well written the characters were (or not).
Quote:
Once you see the last episodes, you'll want to go back and watch it again from episode 1.

While I was able to slog through those first few episodes simply so I could see the awesome fight scenes, I'm not certain I'd be able to do it again. I wouldn't be surprised if the show lost a lot of its viewers during those first five episodes. There's "lulling" and then there's boring. The show spent nearly half its run with these poorly developed "slice-of-life" scenes. While I understanding what they were trying to do they failed miserably with it and it certainly put me off ever purchasing the series on DVD/Blu-ray (should they ever see the light of day over here) or revisiting the series once I've finished it for that matter.
Anymouse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
They got me to watch the singing on the way to school scene. They got at lost one viewer to give at least a few minutes of his life.
jr240483

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:00 am Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
So Blood-C is a re-imagined work of Blood+ if Clamp had worked on it. That's pretty interesting. I'd be curious to see how this fares.

I dont think so. according to the interview , blood c is kinda like the follow up for the original blood the last vamprie. i kinda doubt it's a reimagining of blood plus.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:23 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

I don't think so. according to the interview , blood c is kinda like the follow up for the original blood the last vamprie. i kinda doubt it's a reimagining of blood plus.

Ah. I'm going to check this out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2