• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kayjay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
My favourite blackboard quote was from episode 1
spoiler["Watch anime in a bright room and a dark heart"]
Which kind of sums up the black humour I like in this show.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:21 am Reply with quote
God, episode 4 has so much fu**ing win! In addition it has probably the most disturbing yet awesome OP sequence ever (which by the way it finally got animated). I mean I can't think of any regular anime opening that has all of the following:

- yuri
- bondage
- detailed look of pregnancy?! Shocked

spoiler[This episode introduced the bandaged girl Abiru Kobushi whom other people thought she always gets abused at home. This lead the teacher to accidentally spread rumors across the shopping district for the shop owners to beware of the father that may be abusing his daughter. Of course the reason Abiru wears bandages is because she has a bad habit of pulling animal tails which led the animals to attack and injure her!

It also introduced Meru Otonashi who's your token quiet, nice girl whom the teacher took quite a liking to. Until he found out she's absolutely obsessive on sending text from her cell phone. In addition her text are mostly slams and insults towards all the people in her class.

- The Final Fantasy-esque battle that appeared once were amusing. Though that weird exercise workout video was just creepy! Mad]

Never before a school, slice-of-life series has this number of completely messed up girls. I love this! Cool
Hisdon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 6:32 pm Reply with quote
The best part is where Furwara (sp or wrong girl?) smacked her with the crusifix.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:30 pm Reply with quote
That was an awesome episode, especially Meru's portion. And the opening. Lesbianism + bondage + pregenancy = win.

Quote:
The best part is where Furwara (sp or wrong girl?) smacked her with the crusifix.

Her family name is Fuura.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:22 pm Reply with quote
The past two episodes need more attempted suicide. Otherwise, it's still quite good, and the OP is one of the creepiest I've seen. Not scary creepy, but mentally scarring creepy.
omar235

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I just started watching (on ep 2 now) and I have to say I am really likeing it. Seeing such a variety of problems being displayed through each character, I don't know it is just really interesting to see how he deals with each. Very Happy
roujin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:21 pm Reply with quote
The most recent opening is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in anime or otherwise which for me makes it pretty damn awesome. As for the show, it's shaping up quite nicely as it introduces all of the girls in the show.
guardiangelboi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
the series is very nice so far... the openings are alil weird
what i really don't like is the bold guy's picture appears time after time...
=.= kinda spoils my mood
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
guardiangelboi wrote:
=.= kinda spoils my mood

Without that bald guy it just wouldn't be Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. It would be like Death Note without thee Death Note.

As for the latest episode goes, just loved it. Yes the opening with underage girls being bonded is quite creepy but everything else was funny. I loved how all those shop keepers came up with ideas of how to torture Abiru with random objects. What really made me laugh was spoiler[the part with Meru opening her shirt to reveals extra sets of batteries for her cell phone and Itoshiki yelled out "ARE YOU RAMBO?" (or I think, memory is weak).]
Samurai-with-glasses

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:05 pm Reply with quote
It's probably a little too late to say this after 4 episodes out, but count me in as a fanboi. This show has style. I wonder where it'll go once all the main girls are introduced.

Abusive e-mail girl is awesome. Some teacher's pet hahaha.

Also, I'm still wondering who's that bald guy. The director? The original mangaka? Random person from teh nipponese intarwebs?
Ramadahl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:48 am Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
Also, I'm still wondering who's that bald guy. The director? The original mangaka? Random person from teh nipponese intarwebs?

I always thought the bald guy was the mangaka. I thought the director was the guy who appears in the new opening when the directors credits come up.
Iandrasil

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:44 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

Though that weird exercise workout video was just creepy! :x

I believe that was one of those popular workout video's sold by those telsell programms Bootcamp I believe it's called made by billy blanks the excersises are EXACTLY the same as shown in his commercials, which made me grin in a few ways :>
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:44 am Reply with quote
Ramadahl wrote:
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:

I always thought the bald guy was the mangaka. I thought the director was the guy who appears in the new opening when the directors credits come up.

I remember someone mentioning in that fansub forum that the bald guy is the assistant of the manga-ka.
hentai4me

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:47 pm Reply with quote
I like the girls in his class but th teacher I don't. He's cheapening suicide by seemingly resorting to it at little to no provocation. Suicide is not funny and should not be made light of. Nothing wrong with him being very cynical or depressive but the excessive usage of suicide gags really annoys me.

Otherwise it's good.
guardiangelboi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
LuckySleven wrote:
guardiangelboi wrote:
=.= kinda spoils my mood

Without that bald guy it just wouldn't be Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei. It would be like Death Note without thee Death Note.

As for the latest episode goes, just loved it. Yes the opening with underage girls being bonded is quite creepy but everything else was funny. I loved how all those shop keepers came up with ideas of how to torture Abiru with random objects. What really made me laugh was spoiler[the part with Meru opening her shirt to reveals extra sets of batteries for her cell phone and Itoshiki yelled out "ARE YOU RAMBO?" (or I think, memory is weak).]

care to enlighten me how the bald guy is significant in the anime? and how does it relate to deathnote at all
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4