• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Licenses Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:12 am Reply with quote
ankoku22 wrote:
On a related note, spoiler[Rukia's zanpaku-to release is shown in animated form for the first time, which won't appear in the U.S. TV version for many, many episodes and (to my knowledge) hasn't even appeared in the U.S. manga yet].

That was spoiled even by Japan standards.

I don't know where the Shonen Jump chapters are right now, but the US volumes will get there by the time the movie comes out.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:27 am Reply with quote
marasolo wrote:
I can't wait until they figure out how to dual stream movies in a theater... like I watch the movie with subtitles and listen to the original cast, the little kid down the way can have their English version Smile
Yeah because everyone who watches anime dubbed is a kid. Everyone who is as mature and wise as you are must watch it subbed. Rolling Eyes

I hope this comes out in more places than just Atlanta if it comes to Georgia at all. Atlanta's a bit too far a drive just to see a movie for me and this is one of the first times I'm seriously thinking of going to see an anime movie on the big screen.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote
Dramatis Personae wrote:
Don't be like that, we need it Dubbed for the general public. STOP SABATOGING ANIMU!

The general public isn't going to see this, that's why it's getting a limited release. Wink

Anyway, the story was OK, but as a movie was kinda ho-hum. It really bothered me how out of character Ichigo was. spoiler[Since when is he more interested in doing missions for Soul Society than stopping to help out ghost kids?] Might be fun on the big screen, but I really have no interest in watching it again (though I might rent it since I watched the fan sub).

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dramatis Personae

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Dramatis Personae wrote:
Don't be like that, we need it Dubbed for the general public. STOP SABATOGING ANIMU!

The general public isn't going to see this, that's why it's getting a limited release. Wink

Emerje

No, but there are more dubb fans then there are sub fans that's just common sense. I'd rather they help Bleach's revune by accomidating more than one aspect of the fandom.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
This would be bigger news if they were doing this with the second movie, and they were releasing the first movie in a summer 2007 theatrical and winter 2008 DVD release.
kokuryu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:34 am Reply with quote
Cool! I hope it makes the local theaters where I am - normally these movies never even make it to my state! I hope they can do a general theater release, that would be awesome!
teh*darkness

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:40 am Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
ankoku22 wrote:
On a related note, spoiler[Rukia's zanpaku-to release is shown in animated form for the first time, which won't appear in the U.S. TV version for many, many episodes and (to my knowledge) hasn't even appeared in the U.S. manga yet].

That was spoiled even by Japan standards.

I don't know where the Shonen Jump chapters are right now, but the US volumes will get there by the time the movie comes out.

Actually, by the time the movie had come out, they'd already shown it in the filler arc. Stupid move, but oh well. Watcha gonna do?
And yes, the scene has already appeared in SJ issue 4 . It should be in the June (read late May) release of volume 23.
This will undoubtedly be dubbed, just like the theatrical run of the first Naruto movie was (which I was able to see). I hope this shows at the same theatre, as it's only about 25 minutes from where I live. And I actually have yet to fully know the story. I watched the movie raw, downloaded the fansub and never watched it, hopefully will see it in theatres, then will buy the DVD when it comes out. Yay for delayed gratification! Very Happy
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:45 am Reply with quote
teh*darkness wrote:
Actually, by the time the movie had come out, they'd already shown it in the filler arc. Stupid move, but oh well. Watcha gonna do?

Eh? spoiler[I could have sworn Rukia never turned into a shinigami during the Bount arc].
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
i know that it not going to play here because this place sucks but i cant wait tell it release
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quote
I guess this is one of those movies that will make sence if you have watched the fansubs, but pointless if, like myself, one has only seen the first 52 dubbed eps. Rolling Eyes
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:38 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
I guess this is one of those movies that will make sence if you have watched the fansubs, but pointless if, like myself, one has only seen the first 52 dubbed eps. Rolling Eyes

As long as you stick with the dub, you'll be caught up by the time the movie comes out. The movie came during the filler arc following the current one.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:

As long as you stick with the dub, you'll be caught up by the time the movie comes out. The movie came during the filler arc following the current one.
Are there any more after 52?
Zoe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Are there any more after 52?

Yes. The AS broadcast is a few episodes past that now.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Zoe wrote:
Eh? spoiler[I could have sworn Rukia never turned into a shinigami during the Bount arc].

My memory is a little fuzzy, but spoiler[she definitely did. If I remember right Mabashi uses his doll to take control of her and forces her to fight as a shinigami. Pretty sure she used her release then.]

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
OnanRulz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Assuming this plays near the Twin Cities, I will gladly pay full price to see this; not because I'm a Bleach fan, which is to say I'm more a casual viewer, but because I believe that supporting anime in US theaters will allow me to see more quality works on the big screen like last summer's Paprika.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3