• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2006 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theowne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:21 am Reply with quote
From an obective viewpoint....I've never played the Kanon game nor watched the Toei version, and am mildly interested in this series since it's by Kyoani........but I have to say that "review" seems to be a result of a predetermined distaste for the series and it's popularity......I might have considered otherwise if I hadn't caught the line where he first states he's never seen the series - then calls the original "so-so" in the end. I think it's obvious why he would make a slip like that....got caught up in the anti-hype if you ask me....Personally I think for a real aKanon first impression you should go to Memento blog, since he just states what was good and what was bad about it...
sirabc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:41 am Reply with quote
Sumomo mo momo mo is a new show. Martial arts, comedy, fanservice, romance(???), and satire. It has Momoko, the female lead, that wants to make babies with the male lead to preserve her family martial arts tradition. Best martial arts comedy since ranma...beats Ikkitousen, Jubei-chan, etc hands down. Wink
KnightAR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:03 pm Reply with quote
I personally don't agree on the Kanon review. The Toei version was seriously crap in animation wise. The animation & storyline in the new series is so much better and I hope that they continue to do a good job like they have done so far on it. I'm so awaiting the U.S. release =]
enjin2000

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:01 pm Reply with quote
http://anime.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/asaloon/1161338382/l50
Errr, a 2 channel thread complains of the review on _Code Gias_.
Quote:
実際はもっと奇妙で
>ウヨのおかず
に違いないという見当違いないと評論されてる
既出かもしれんが
animenewsnetwork.com/feature.php?id=264
のコードギアスの評論
You know you're in trouble when an anime character says "Nippon banzai!" without
the slightest trace of comic irony. No, our hero is not rooting for the Olympic team;
he's asserting his national pride because he's being held at gunpoint by Evil Foreign
Invaders. Clearly, Code Geass is trying its darnedest to be a deep, dramatic action series,
but those nationalistic elements keep getting in the way. So blatant is the flag-waving
that it might as well be the theme anime of Shinzo Abe.
>安倍しんぞうのテーマ・アニメと言ってもいいような愛国心がとても耳障りである
2chでは反日反米アニメ、海外では日本ウヨに媚びたアニメと全く真逆な扱われ方。
まあ、今では普通にネタアニメとして楽しまれていますが。
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 12 of 12