• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Chicks On Anime - Representation of Anime Fans

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DomFortress

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Furudanuki wrote:
DomFortress wrote:
A people's culture is their ways of life, and the last time I check, the Japanese people aren't being publicly irresponsible for recklessly exploiting themselves. Just why is it that the "Japanophile" are behaving so negatively irresponsible, while excusing themselves for their ignorance and shallowness by saying "it's anime", or even worst "it's Japanese", is completely beyond me. So those "Japanophile" had better explain themselves to people like us, the anime fans, just exactly who they are, if they can. Otherwise don't even bother coming to us, and asking for respect, equality, acceptance, understanding. When they had done absolutely nothing positive to our anime fandom community.
Well, Eugene McCarthy did made this cynical quote about politics. But that made the difference of how ordinary Democratic voters are more important in the allocation of delegate votes, and required that African-Americans, women and youth be better represented at the 1972 Democratic convention. Even though during that time, the African-Americans, women and youth were deemed too dumb to even understand the game of politics by public beliefs.

But hey, that's a positive change on the game of politics by subjecting the African-Americans, women and youth to political correctness. So in order to make positive change on the "Japanophile" within the anime fandom, we all need to know just what can be considered as being "politically correct", before the word itself gets carelessly tarnished and wrecked by our own ignorance and shallowness of our behaviors.

BTW, thanks for the insight. I was rather enjoying the process of educating myself by using that photo as a lead.
gatotsu911

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
misshope wrote:
I'm sure Sakuracon didn't mean this as a representation of anime fans-just the typical over enthusiasm you see in any bad commercial ("OMG this tampon is fabulous"-"Wow, I saved a mint on life insurance").

Semi-related
>>> the rest of this thread combined.

You know an argument has reached the pinnacle of absurdity when it finally comes around (as they all seem to do) to World War II. Geez.
McCarthyism?? REALLY???
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote
gatotsu911 wrote:
Dargonxtc wrote:
misshope wrote:
I'm sure Sakuracon didn't mean this as a representation of anime fans-just the typical over enthusiasm you see in any bad commercial ("OMG this tampon is fabulous"-"Wow, I saved a mint on life insurance").

Semi-related
>>> the rest of this thread combined.

You know an argument has reached the pinnacle of absurdity when it finally comes around (as they all seem to do) to World War II. Geez.
McCarthyism?? REALLY???

Quoted for truth(although McCarthy was Cold War era, not WWII). Why hasn't this nonsense thread been locked yet? It's been a whole week and people just keep getting more and more ridiculous.

Paging Zac....
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Yep, that's enough.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 18 of 18