• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Horizon II, Kokoro Connect, Sword Art Online

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:11 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
That covers my must-see shows, except for Dog Days'. There are a few other series I wanted to try like KoiChoco, Joshiraku, Ebiten, and NakaImo that still need simulcasts.

Regarding Koichoco and NakaImo, as RyanSaotome mentioned to me on page 1 that TBS thursday night block rarely get's simulcasted (Idolmaster was delayedcast at least).

Yeah, these are all the shows in that block from the block since 2011:

Winter 2011:
Infinite Stratos
Yumekui Merry

Spring 2011:
Denpa Onna
Aria the Scarlet Arrow

Summer 2011:
Idolmaster
Mayo Chiki

Fall 2011:
Idolmaster (continued)
Haganai

Winter 2012:
Amagami Plus
Kill Me Baby

Spring 2012:
Sankarea
Acchi Kocchi

I don't think any of them were simulcast outside of Idolmaster having a 3 week delay... I could be remembering wrong though.
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:14 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
superdry wrote:
Ojamajo LimePie wrote:
That covers my must-see shows, except for Dog Days'. There are a few other series I wanted to try like KoiChoco, Joshiraku, Ebiten, and NakaImo that still need simulcasts.

Regarding Koichoco and NakaImo, as RyanSaotome mentioned to me on page 1 that TBS thursday night block rarely get's simulcasted (Idolmaster was delayedcast at least).

Yeah, these are all the shows in that block from the block since 2011:

Winter 2011:
Infinite Stratos
Yumekui Merry

Spring 2011:
Denpa Onna
Aria the Scarlet Arrow

Summer 2011:
Idolmaster
Mayo Chiki

Fall 2011:
Idolmaster (continued)
Haganai

Winter 2012:
Amagami Plus
Kill Me Baby

Spring 2012:
Sankarea
Acchi Kocchi

I don't think any of them were simulcast outside of Idolmaster having a 3 week delay... I could be remembering wrong though.

Infinite stratos,aria the scarlet ammo,sankarea and haganai all had simulcasts Smile .
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:16 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Infinite stratos,aria the scarlet ammo,sankarea and haganai all had simulcasts Smile .

They did? Were they on Funico or something like that?
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:17 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
opn wrote:

They did? Were they on Funico or something like that?

IS was simulcasted on TAN while sankarea,haganai and aria were all funi stuff.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I see, so I guess there is a chance... those Funi things are always late delaycasts and crappy resolution. If you're okay with that I guess its a simulcast though.
The Coffee God

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:23 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I see, so I guess there is a chance... those Funi things are always late delaycasts though and crappy resolution. If you're okay with that I guess its a simulcast though.

Aria was not a delaycast if I remember correctly, as that was on FUNi online proper before the FUNico thing.
The others I can't speak for as I rarely pay attention to FUNi stuff anymore.
superdry

RyanSaotome wrote:
I see, so I guess there is a chance... those Funi things are always late delaycasts and crappy resolution. If you're okay with that I guess its a simulcast though.

You forgot Natsuiro Kiseki for Spring 2012. But, yes, none of the Thursday night block ever received a proper simulcast (I don't remember about Aria though, that could be the exception).

I have to wonder what makes the Thursday block so special. Just noticed that besides the Winter and Spring 2012, I have bought everyone of those shows.

Last edited by superdry on Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
mudduck454

well I would say that after reading about Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, it sounds like another type of earl and fairy show, will have to give it a try, but a pretty strong simulcast list this season
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:32 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

You forgot Natsuiro Kiseki for Spring 2012. But, yes, none of the Thursday night block ever received a proper simulcast (I don't remember about Aria though, that could be the exception).

I have to wonder what makes the Thursday block so special. Just noticed that besides the Winter and Spring 2012, I have bought everyone of those shows.

I've always heard that its the most "in demand" of the otaku show timeslots. Not really sure why, but a lot of the more popular shows tend to end up there for whatever reason. Maybe they're trying to compete with Noitamina?
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I wonder when they're gonna start streaming to PS3. That's what really interests me, as I'd love that.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Looks like most of my anticipated titles will be streamed on Crunchyroll. Very nice! I sure am interested in that PS3 streaming too...
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll > funico again
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 am Reply with quote
mudduck454 wrote:
well I would say that after reading about Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita, it sounds like another type of earl and fairy show, will have to give it a try, but a pretty strong simulcast list this season

Given that its writer is Tanaka Romeo, I'm fully prepared for things to be more sinister than they first appear. This guy's written some warped stuff; Cross Channel being the most obvious example.
BasouKazuma

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:45 am Reply with quote
TheAncientOne wrote:
I can't help but think that many people will be even more excited by this part that was tacked on at the end:
Quote:
Crunchyroll also announced that it will begin streaming to PlayStation 3 consoles and certain Samsung televisions.

I like how the big news of a Crunchyroll PS3 app was decided to be pushed in as a footnote here without it's own article or at least being listed in the title.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
BasouKazuma wrote:
TheAncientOne wrote:
I can't help but think that many people will be even more excited by this part that was tacked on at the end:
Quote:
Crunchyroll also announced that it will begin streaming to PlayStation 3 consoles and certain Samsung televisions.

I like how the big news of a Crunchyroll PS3 app was decided to be pushed in as a footnote here without it's own article or at least being listed in the title.

I'd imagine Crunchy isn't very happy about it. They've been hinting at a big announcement they'd make at the Anime Expo, and this was obviously it, and the biggest anime news website doesn't even give them their own article for this announcement. Its probably the biggest thing Crunchy has gotten yet, since once you make it onto the consoles you're a legit streaming website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4