• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2014 Godzilla Remake Film's 1st Teaser Trailer Debuts

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricJ

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
revolutionotaku wrote:
Let's just hope it won't be like the 1998 version.

It won't be. Unlike that bastard Emmerich, the staff behind Legendary Pictures are working very closely with TOHO in order to maintain the company's appreciation for its iconic monster.

If it's not approved by TOHO, it's not in the movie. There won't be a last-minute bait and screw that Emmerich pulled.

And the '98 wasn't even 100% Emmerich & Devlin's fault. (90%, maybe...)
The movie had been groomed for Jan deBont (hence the Twister-like emphasis on lovable quirky reporters), but when he eventually passed on the project, Emmerich & Devlin put out their ID4/Stargate Centropolis Pictures shingle as "We Can Fix Any Big-Budget Movie 4 U"
If it'd been a hit (coughhack! Rolling Eyes ) they would've gone on to Disney's Star Blazers movie next, and followed by that Planet of the Apes remake that James Cameron couldn't get started.
They, erm, didn't.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:22 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Also, that chanting music in the sky dive part, where's the monolith?

I recognised that music as well, though thought it was still used as a good effect.

@Lycosyncer, was thinking pretty much the very same thing. I'm glad they've gone back to the original as a source for this version of the movie. Its serious tone, to me, made it stand out far more than any of the sequels TOHO produced. From what I've seen of the trailer, I don't think I'll be disappointed. I don't know what direction they'll be taking the storyline, but I know I'm going to be rooting for Big "G", as I always do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3