• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online II's 1st Promo, Main Cast, Staff Revealed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Pangea wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, but this is good news. It may not be the best anime out there but its exciting and very entertaining to watch.

good news for SAO fans. Bad news for haters.
Why would it be bad new for haters? I mean, it's not like they have to watch the thing.

Because they tend to not be able to leave sleeping dragons alone and come into any thread related to SAO and spew their hate?
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:17 am Reply with quote
Awesome.

The fairy arc was just something terrible that had to be done to get to the rest of the series. I really liked the LN and hated that arc then too.

GGO was awesome. The mother's Rosario was spectacular. There is nothing but good story ahead.
Himeko90

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:29 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:

Because they tend to not be able to leave sleeping dragons alone and come into any thread related to SAO and spew their hate?

THIS.
pokenar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:38 am Reply with quote
Himeko90 wrote:
Nayu wrote:

THIS.

I agree as well, this was a much better way of putting it than I did.
FLAZE35

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Pangea wrote:
I don't care what anyone says, but this is good news. It may not be the best anime out there but its exciting and very entertaining to watch.

Why would it be bad new for haters? I mean, it's not like they have to watch the thing.

SAO hater here. I'd like to say this doesn't come to me as bad news but rather news to simply ignore, like everything else that doesn't interest me. Have a happy new year.
pokenar

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:35 am Reply with quote
FLAZE35 wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Pangea wrote:

SAO hater here. I'd like to say this doesn't come to me as bad news but rather news to simply ignore, like everything else that doesn't interest me. Have a happy new year.

I would not call you a "hater", just someone who simply dislikes the show, a hater is someone who is malicious to those who like it.
Nayu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:50 am Reply with quote
pokenar wrote:
FLAZE35 wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Pangea wrote:

I would not call you a "hater", just someone who simply dislikes the show, a hater is someone who is malicious to those who like it.

Agreed. There's a degree of irrationality to being a "hater" that someone who doesn't like a show typically does not show. Very Happy
nargun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:34 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
The fairy arc was just something terrible that had to be done to get to the rest of the series.

Why did they have to? Couldn't they have re-written it to not be terrible, or replaced it with a bridge sequence [or full-length arc, even] that gets the character-development where it needs to be, or simply skipped it over without comment? Or made something else, an adaption of a different source or an original story?

Where's the necessity, here, that the show had to be made how it was made?
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:59 am Reply with quote
nargun wrote:
Bugnin wrote:
The fairy arc was just something terrible that had to be done to get to the rest of the series.

Why did they have to? Couldn't they have re-written it to not be terrible, or replaced it with a bridge sequence [or full-length arc, even] that gets the character-development where it needs to be, or simply skipped it over without comment? Or made something else, an adaption of a different source or an original story?

Where's the necessity, here, that the show had to be made how it was made?

Continuity. You can't skip an important part of the timeline and the proceed with the series in cannon.

I would have liked to see something better that still covered the important parts, but oh well.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:08 am Reply with quote
Bugnin wrote:
Continuity. You can't skip an important part of the timeline and the proceed with the series in cannon.

ALO wasn't important at all. The only critical thing that happened was spoiler[getting the World Seed from Kayaba, and that could have been handled after Kirito beat SAO and talked to Kayaba then. Asuna getting captured is a self-contained thread that could be excised without difficulty; just have her escape along with everyone else at the end of SAO. As for Suguha, okay she would need to be introduced another way but that's doable without mucking around with canon too much.]

Really, ALO was a nothing arc that didn't need to exist. The only good thing about it was that its fail was self-contained.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Pangea wrote:

In that case they should be thankful about this news. They now have another opportunity to talk down to people to feel better about their own miserable existence.

Plus considering a lot of people like the show it makes them feel like a special little snowflake to go against them even if it completely ignores the fact that there are countless others who think the exact same way.

On a completely unrelated note, DraconisMarch. Just thought I'd drop that name for no reason.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Cool I guess. I loved Sword Art Online but it's over to me. Are they going to somehow get trapped in another game of death? Unless Kirito breaks up with Asuna or whatever her name ones and now his sister is back on the table, it won't offer much to me outside of hopefully cool looking fight scenes. That might be enough though.

All I have for shonen action right now is Hunter x Hunter and Naruto, which is sucking hard and will probably be meh for most of 2014.

Hellwarden wrote:
So SAO is getting another season....

why? Just....why?

It was good and made a ton of money. It ain't hard to tell...
Spotlesseden wrote:

It's great news for haters. It gives them something to do in between making posts about how Attack on Titan is one of the worst anime ever made and other oddball ass opinions.
midori kou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
Cool I guess. I loved Sword Art Online but it's over to me. Are they going to somehow get trapped in another game of death? Unless Kirito breaks up with Asuna or whatever her name ones and now his sister is back on the table, it won't offer much to me outside of hopefully cool looking fight scenes. That might be enough though.

spoiler[Phantom Bullet is essentially a mystery/action/drama story arc where Kirito investigates Gun Gale Online and a player's untimely death in relation to the game. It also goes over the guilt and trauma Kirito has for having his crimes in SAO going unpunished.]
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:55 pm Reply with quote
midori kou wrote:

spoiler[Phantom Bullet is essentially a mystery/action/drama story arc where Kirito investigates Gun Gale Online and a player's untimely death in relation to the game. It also goes over the guilt and trauma Kirito has for having his crimes in SAO going unpunished.]

So now he's like vr video game detective? Also, what crimes did he commit in SAO? The only things I can think of would fall under pretty clear cut self-defense. Even then there were practically none.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
midori kou wrote:

So now he's like vr video game detective? Also, what crimes did he commit in SAO? The only things I can think of would fall under pretty clear cut self-defense. Even then there were practically none.
its not about what he did, it's about what he blames himself for.

Also, has more to feel guilty in SAO about than was shown in season 1.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5