• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I asked this question in the other Nozaki-kun thread and didn't get an answer so I'll try here. Does anyone know whether Sawashiro performed the aria in episode two? She seems to have more of a "mezzo" voice in her VA work, so I would think the high notes in that song would be difficult for her to reach. If that is really her singing, it just adds more luster to her obvious talents as a seiyuu.

I wondered if the "it's a fraud" comment meant that Nozaki thought she was lip-syncing to the recording on the tape. That seems unlikely if Seo is the "Lorelei of the Glee Club."
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
yuna49 wrote:
I asked this question in the other Nozaki-kun thread and didn't get an answer so I'll try here. Does anyone know whether Sawashiro performed the aria in episode two? She seems to have more of a "mezzo" voice in her VA work, so I would think the high notes in that song would be difficult for her to reach. If that is really her singing, it just adds more luster to her obvious talents as a seiyuu.

I wondered if the "it's a fraud" comment meant that Nozaki thought she was lip-syncing to the recording on the tape. That seems unlikely if Seo is the "Lorelei of the Glee Club."

There is another thread? Anyway I don't think that is actually her singing. I know a few VAs are talented, but it doesn't sound like her. It is probably some recording of an actual opera singer. This is the original song.

I think the fraud comment meant that since she has such a beautiful voice it destroyed the image he had of her.
phia_one

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:13 am Reply with quote
I love this show! I really enjoy the author's other series Oresama Teacher, so I was excited to see one of her works animated. I'm definitely sticking with this one.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

I like that new spoiler[Kashima girl tbh. Even though she looks like a guy/prince, her role was comical enough that I found it charming in a way. Too bad there wasn't much Seo in the latest episode but the school drama president was awesome. Don't mess with him] Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Kashima], a trap?
Looks like spoiler[a guy, but it's a girl]. Dangerous.
So we get another interesting & fun character.
From spoiler[duo to a manga trio] ^^
Sakura sure is in guy heaven.
spoiler[Kashima] just might be a baka.
Guess she can't excel at everything.
So now it's from spoiler[trio to quartet.]
Another totally fun episode ^^
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 am Reply with quote
Ah, another good duo of characters appears! I'm really enjoying Kashima, she does do some dumb things, but she's still charming in her own way (though I don't mean in the way her hordes of fangirls find her to be Very Happy).

Loved the bit with spoiler[Hori and Chiyo reading the script, Mikoshiba being forced to play the part of the maid, and then whoops, Mikorin's become the heroine again.] Laughing
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:00 am Reply with quote
Mikorin is so moe! Laughing

I'm really having fun with this show and its quirky characters. This is turning out to be one of the surprise hits of this season for me.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3

Another brilliant episode, with some hilarious and interesting characters. I did kind of see it coming that they would make the prince a girl, but it went beyond that. The biggest problem with prince characters are that they very easily can become unlikable, but somehow she is incredibly likable.

Lets review characters: The girlish heart character is actually a tall stoic guy. The tsundere with a fragile heart of a heroine is a wild looking guy who charm girls. The tomboy friend who gets asked to help sport teams is actually incredibly clueless and arrogantly competitive. spoiler[The school prince is a girl who gets wacked around by her senpai, with a bit of a play on the romantic interest. The kind of violent who is a bit secretive is actually pretty reasonable.]

The heroine, I am not entirely sure she gets along pretty well, pretty much going along with each characters bit without actually being passive: Snark at the bad story ideas, openly embarrass the tsundere (mixing him with the one based off him), providing the an spoiler[extra nail to the prince's confidence, and I guess just talking to the guy who was being a bit secretive].

There is just so much to like about this, if Barakamon was not out at the same time this would be an easy pick as the best comedy of the season. The spoiler[maid] bit Laughing, best that all three got involved like that.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Another funny episode! Lol, I love how they adapt the concept of spoiler[dating sim games but with guys involved. Mikoshiba was really funny to watch with his poker face. As usual, this show's comedy is done right and I can't wait to see what's to come next Wink]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 2:57 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Mikoshiba was totally obsessing about dating sim games.
He even sucked Nozaki in.
Their points of view were totally different LOL
It was fun watching them play.
They sure know how to overdo things, geez.
Mikoshiba tends to fall into traps so easily..
Playing out the possible scenario for the mixer was ROFL
In the end he sent Kashima instead.
I feel sorry for the guys, it's like they weren't even there.
Fun episode!]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
I found it hilarious that the 2 helpers, Sakura and Nozoki, end up being lectured by Mikoshiba.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Tomodaaaaaa!!!

Oh god, that was so frickin' funny I couldn't stop laughing.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Best episode of the show yet! I've only just finished it, but I kind of want to watch that first half again already. I'd never have thought spoiler[two guys playing a dating sim together] could be so funny. So Nozaki and Mikorin have spoiler[ventured into the world of BL doujinshi...] Laughing

As for the second half, Nozaki's spoiler[girl persona] was hilarious. And of course, the moment spoiler[Kashima shows up, you know those guys have just lost any chance they had at getting a girl.]

Can't wait for the next episode! Very Happy
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:56 pm Reply with quote
This show turned out to be one to really look forward to every week. I'm finding myself applauding in front of the screen. It's so nice to find comedy that's actually funny (or at least resonating with your own sense of humor). The characters are so lovable, I find it very hard to pick favorites so far. It's so amusing to see them typecast in completely different or opposite roles. And it works so well. The most boring activities get hilariously entertaining to watch when the right characters perform them. A lovely show so far.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Nozaki played the spoiler[dating sim from the point of view of shoujo manga], and eventually discovered that the true spoiler[hero was the male friend, and that the true love story in a dating sim is between the guys]. Laughing Totally saw it coming that it spoiler[would be BL when they decided to do a doujin about it]. I have seen the sim theme pop up in anime before, but they got it to work in a surprising manner. Also called it that despite how he looked Mikorin spoiler[wanted to be saved from the girls].

As for the second half, the total strangeness that Noazki's spoiler[opinion of being girly was putting on rabbit ears with not much change in personality], was good. But despite how total off it was, his spoiler[cooking skills put Sakura's pride in feminism to shame], I especially liked it when Nozaki took to doing the spoiler[chatting in the bathroom thing]. And in the end Mikorin joined in and was especially gossipy. Laughing

It was also totally obvious that those spoiler[three guys were going to lose the second Kashima was sent instead]. Oh, almost forgot Nozaki automatically spoiler[giving Mikorin the girl role]. The playing around of gender roles makes this super fun.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 12