• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bikini Warriors Fantasy Figure Series Gets TV Anime Project in July

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HikaruSniper

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:42 am Reply with quote
A man can NEVER get enough boobs Razz
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
Chaos Wings wrote:
Wow that armour looks very "functional" and "protective", the kind you'd definitely want to wear into battle! Laughing

It is not like anime invented the bikini "armor", Red Sonja by Marvel Comics debuted in 1973 (years before anime OVAs sales became a market in japan).

Rederoin wrote:
Oh lol at all the hate, will only make this show more entertaining.

Shows salted by haters tears are always more entertaining Twisted Evil

My only personal gripe with this kind of shows does not change, this girls are supposed to be highly athletic, would it kill the director to add some abs (maybe some visible biceps, those swords do not swing themselves) to the character designs?

Before anyone answers "but muscular women are unheard by japanese otaku", well, think again. I mean, it has been more than two decades since Cammy appeared in Street Fighter video games (and Chun Li thighs have been legendary since before that date).
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 10:59 am Reply with quote
For a moment, I thought that this was going to be a new Warriors game from Koei. If it got popular enough, Koei would probably fund this sh!t.Very Happy

Whoa, judging from the hate I guess that this will be the new "Dragon's Crown" of anime.

On the topic, I'll probably watch it, I really like Tony's design for women and that Valkyrie looks hawt. Some of the designs look pretty nice but the visual looks ugly as hell
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:01 am Reply with quote
Swimwear for justice!

mangamuscle wrote:

My only personal gripe with this kind of shows does not change, this girls are supposed to be highly athletic, would it kill the director to add some abs (maybe some visible biceps, those swords do not swing themselves) to the character designs?

I agree. This kind of show is about sex appeal so offering some varieties of body to appreciate would make sense, but they just rely on costume and hair to differentiate character design. Seems kind of lazy. Plus if it's going to focus on boobs, like a lot of these shows do, why are they all the same size? What's the point?

A true breast-lover loves all breasts, regardless of size...
KamikazeJawa

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
My mind is telling me no....BUT MY BODY, MY BODY IS TELLING ME YES!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KOWEtQhjVA
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:15 am Reply with quote
Bikini Warriors seem stupid
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:16 am Reply with quote
The figures aren't selling I see.

I guess Sega let Tony Taka go, he's seen better days, his art in other series is nowhere near this trashy even for a hentai artist. Take a look at the Shining games, they were all sexualized but still had some flirt and grace. This is just pure laziness, also Queen's blade is better as even that still had some flirt and grace to it (and it's even more explicit than this may be).
NieR

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:22 am Reply with quote
I'm normally never interested in these type of series, but I would be interested in watching an anime series starring that Hunter character. I'd want all the characters to be designed by Rei Hiroe and none of the other Bikini Warriors are in it.
Jonny Mendes

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:25 am Reply with quote
Hisasi, Oda Non, Tony
This look like a dream team of character designers.

If the story is as good as Queen Blade with sexy women fighting in a fantasy world, with a bit of yuri romance between battles this will be great.

Why this is made?
The intended audience (older teens, young adult men) love this kind of show.

Not everybody peace of pie. But good enough for me Smile
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:57 am Reply with quote
Well, I'm hyped. Gotta love that practically useless clothing the dark elf is sporting, and I even kind of like the proportions and redesign for the Oda Non character. Paladin looks like she stepped right out of Walkure Romanze.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
While I can see another argument of media sexualizing women, you could say the same on how female-oriented series exploits men. Another thing is that this is the type of series that you could do academic papers on: The role of women in male-oriented entertainment.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Makes sense, a lot of the early oversexed Animes were video game adaptation. Battle Arena Toshinden for instance.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
The figures aren't selling I see.

Same argument could be made about Sailor Moon Crystal (whose Raison D'être is selling merchandise), but this at least seems like will have a real animation budget.

Kadmos1 wrote:
While I can see another argument of media sexualizing women, you could say the same on how female-oriented series exploits men. Another thing is that this is the type of series that you could do academic papers on: The role of women in male-oriented entertainment.

In this day and age people should not mind about some sexy female drawings, where they should draw the line is if said female characters were utterly incompetent (when they are supposed to be warriors, not clowns) and therefore devaluing females role in society, even if the original material was written by a famous female mangaka :p
Northlander

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Why do they consider "Dark Elf" a class? (Like, presumably, Fighter and Paladin and the others.) Couldn't a Dark Elf become a Paladin if she wanted to and had the spiritual fortitude needed?
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Northlander wrote:
Why do they consider "Dark Elf" a class?

In the original version of Dungeons and Dragons halflings, dwarves and elves were a class in themselves, so (at least to me) it feels kind of retro (like Danmachi, where achieving level 6 is big news, since most adventurers die before that).

In case you are wondering, in the original D&D drow were called Shadow Elves.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6