• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Toriyama Expresses Dissatisfaction With Dragon Ball Adaptations

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:25 pm Reply with quote
SaitoHajime101 wrote:

BadNewsBlues, there's 2 reasons why a company in the US would split on this:

I was referring to the american fanbase not the licensors being split on the music.

SaitoHajime101 wrote:

What I don't understand here is why you don't think replacement music is up for debate?

Because Faulconer's score isn't iconic nor remarkable enough to be considered as good or better than Kikuchi's.
Toonami4Eva

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:22 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
SaitoHajime101 wrote:

BadNewsBlues, there's 2 reasons why a company in the US would split on this:

I was referring to the american fanbase not the licensors being split on the music.

SaitoHajime101 wrote:

What I don't understand here is why you don't think replacement music is up for debate?

Because Faulconer's score isn't iconic nor remarkable enough to be considered as good or better than Kikuchi's.

I beg to differ. I literally won't watch DBZ unless it's the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack version. The original was far too boring to listen to. It's an action anime so naturally I want to here something associated to action and what the original ost was did not fit that discription at all.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Toonami4Eva wrote:

It's an action anime so naturally I want to here something associated to action

You can associate almost any instruments (and musical genre) with an action scene that includes the ones used in Kikuchi's compositions. And it's lot better than Faulconer's fusion of rock-quasi techno garbarge that literally doesn't know when to stop.
Toonami4Eva

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:09 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
Toonami4Eva wrote:

It's an action anime so naturally I want to here something associated to action

You can associate almost any instruments (and musical genre) with an action scene that includes the ones used in Kikuchi's compositions. And it's lot better than Faulconer's fusion of rock-quasi techno garbarge that literally doesn't know when to stop.

Sure you can but like I said I want to hear something associated to action, and rock-quasi techno garbage is much better suited to action scenes than Kikuchi's snooze fest songs. I can literally fall asleep to that soundtrack but Bruce's masterpiece keeps me excited and wanting more.

It's bad enough DBZ has long drawn out scenes of powering up, charging attacks or literally just sitting there and Kikuchi's music just makes me want to take a nap during those times. However Faulconer's music keeps me interested like if I even blink I'll miss something epic.

That's just how I feel about it bro. Clearly it's all subjective because there's others voicing my same opinion as there are those who voice yours. So how about we just leave it at that.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Toonami4Eva wrote:

Sure you can but like I said I want to hear something associated to action, and rock-quasi techno garbage is much better suited to action scenes than Kikuchi's snooze fest songs.

Only if you think that's what the action scenes in Z should consist entirely of and thankfully not all us of agree on that.

Toonami4Eva wrote:
I can literally fall asleep

Think you're overexaggerating on this.

Toonami4Eva wrote:

to that soundtrack but Bruce's masterpiece keeps me excited and wanting more.

Don't know how given it all sounds practically the same and doesn't ever feature any tracks that legitimately stand out....at least not positively.

Toonami4Eva wrote:

So how about we just leave it at that.

Fine by me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3