• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Mobile Suit Gundam: A Char For All Seasons

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 4:44 am Reply with quote
kgw wrote:
Topgunguy wrote:
No love for Zeheart and Iron Mask?

Iron Mask from F91? He was an abusive husband, a horrible parent and a pilot so-so whose massive Mobile Armor did all the work.

Real Char of F91 was Zabine Chareux and he was never really developed in the movie (spoiler[and become a joke of himself, then a traitor] in Crossbone Vanguard, but since it's not anime cannon, I can ignore it)

Two words:

Tom Wyner
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:29 am Reply with quote
Here's a question I have. Why does this Char Aznable guy got a fan club? From what little I've read about him,the guy's a monster. Among the things I've heard about him,he got his name from a French singer. If I were this guy or any member of his family,I'd wonder why I haven't sued the makers of "Gundam" or at least have protested this in a Japanese newspaper. This guy is a major league slug. I can be forgiven for not being in this guy's fan club.
They say that people like Ted Bundy were charming. That may be but I find him utterly despicable. The same thing goes for old Char. I admit I maybe going against the grain here but the only thing he deserves is scorn,not fans.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
Aw, come on. Just because he wanted to make Earth uninhabitable by throwing giant rocks at it so that people would all move out into space to become new agey psychics doesn't make him a bad person.

Besides, by CCA, there was only like, a dozen people left on Earth, anyway. Screw 'em.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Topgunguy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:53 am Reply with quote
Personally, I find Zechs Marquise way more interesting and engaging.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:37 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
Aw, come on. Just because he wanted to make Earth uninhabitable by throwing giant rocks at it so that people would all move out into space to become new agey psychics doesn't make him a bad person.

Perhaps not, but knocking a man in business attire off his horse certainly does! At least they seemed to enjoy the ensuing tussle.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JoeQ

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
Agreed with others that Jamil isn't a Char. He's basically an older jaded Amuro, with another character who is his opposite number being Char. Man, Gundam X was so great, basically an alternate "what if" take on the UC timeline.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Snomaster1 wrote:

They say that people like Ted Bundy were charming. That may be but I find him utterly despicable. The same thing goes for old Char. I admit I maybe going against the grain here but the only thing he deserves is scorn,not fans.

Char hadn't really did anything worth contempt in the original Gundam.....unless you were big Garma and Kycilla fans Razz
penguintruth

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:29 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Char hadn't really did anything worth contempt in the original Gundam.....unless you were big Garma and Kycilla fans Razz

Uh, he opened fire on civilian noncombatants fleeing the White Base. Pretty randomly, too.

I can see why it didn't make it into the movie trilogy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:09 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Uh, he opened fire on civilian noncombatants fleeing the White Base. Pretty randomly, too.

Sorry I didn't get to rewatch Gundam on Toonami as much as I did Gundam Wing.....though honestly I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:

Sorry I didn't get to rewatch Gundam on Toonami as much as I did Gundam Wing.....though honestly I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3