• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Man Forced to Breastfeed Alien Baby in New Manga

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:31 pm Reply with quote
maximilianjenus wrote:
the biggest problem is that the manga is on chapter 16 and they only have the first 3 and the latest 3 episodes online :/.

Having now read the first 2 chapters, I think the biggest problem is that it is boring. It doesn't really do a great job coming off as stupid funny, and despite there being boobs on almost every page, the boobs being there just to feed the baby kind of kills any ero manga vibe.

I still don't see how the guy is transgender. He was born a guy and still considers himself one. He isn't trying to live as a girl. He also isn't stuck in a female body so you can't say this is a case of a girl identifying as male. It even came up that he would have just given the baby formula except the aliens told him it had to be breast feeding so it is literally boobs for an hour or everyone dies. I don't think you can turn someone transgender with the threat of death.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:48 am Reply with quote
What I like about this and many other ANN headlines is that they don't sugarcoat on what the article is about. That is, the headline gives one a good idea on what they will be reading. I consider this a good form of journalism.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:37 am Reply with quote
I wasn't going to read this article at first, because it sounded far too bizarre to me. But given the amount of responses in the forum, I just had to see what the hubub was about. I almost got all the way through the article without falling out of my chair laughing, but this line was just a bridge too far:

Article wrote:
Kyūichi, as a biology student, is fascinated by the whole thing from an academic perspective.

Apparently, the new trend in anime/manga is that fanservice/sexy schenanigans should be framed as "scientific research." I do wonder how many people really buy into this with a straight face.

P.S.

I am also wondering, from those who have taken a look at this, do they try to come up with some excuse as to why: (1) this guy is chosen rather than some random big breasted woman, and (2) why the alien baby is human?

As for the second point, I could see there being a practical reason since the number of hardcore people who would be served by an actual alien breastfeeding is probably relatively low, maybe even among the hentai crowd.

That being said, as I was thinking about this, I actually thought it would be kind of interesting to see a story where a hentai tentacle monster child is sent to Earth and has to go through a "normal" Earth childhood. ;0
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:17 pm Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
I am also wondering, from those who have taken a look at this, do they try to come up with some excuse as to why: (1) this guy is chosen rather than some random big breasted woman, and (2) why the alien baby is human?

Unless there is some plot twist later, the reason he was picked is because he was there. The baby is a human clone they made.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3