• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Licenses Both Negima TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
He started it

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:29 am Reply with quote
MarshalBanana wrote:
Is that a contract you are referring too or you do mean that because she only works for Funimation, she won't work for Sentai? To be more precise, has she never worked elsewhere because she has not chosen too, either because of travelling or because she gets enough work for Funi or are you saying that she has a contract with Funiamtion that stops her working else where.Because if it is a choice, and Sentai asked, surly she could do a one off job for them. Tiffany Grant, doesn't do any new work for Funi any more, but she still reprises her roles for One Piece and Evangelion.

She occasionally travels to LA to work on games, so she's free to do whatever she wants. Between that and ADR directing at Funi, she's probably got more than enough work, and has never needed to go to Houston for more
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:03 am Reply with quote
theNightster wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I just hope they can get the OADs and movie and dub them. I've been waiting for them since there was a Blu-ray announced and they were no longer relegated to manga pack-in status. Make it happen, Sentai. Even if you have to recast Evangeline. (Although I think Laura Bailey would want to come back for that)

Laura Bailey may be hard to get even if she wants to play Evangeline again or not, she's getting a lot more work in AAA video games rather then anime these days.

i'm afraid your half correct. its not just AAA video games like injustice 2 as well as saints row the 3rd (which i still am having a hard time wrapping my head on). she does voice act, but not for anime series anymore. she's basically doing the same thing as lowenthal and voicing only for US cartoon series like Marvel's avengers assemble right alongside her husband travis with the exception of that half assed americanized version of smile precure and doki doki precure! i suspect he will probably make an exception when it comes to doing cameo's for ace.

their basically following lowenthal's example when CN got him to reprise ben 10 as well as doing multiple roles in DC's young justice , but made an exception for the naruto franchise as well as the bayonetta movie since he voiced in their video game versions.

so yea. the chances of her reprising her roles for either eva or ayaka is slim to none if you ask me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:30 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
They haven't done anything with either series for a long time, so i just assumed they quietly let the license expire
The timeline is a little odd though; the first series got licensed back in 2006, and with licensing contracts lasting 7-10 years on average, it feels like Funi must've renewed the license at some point... only to not do any re-releases after 2009? Though if the 2005 series really was such a poor seller, I wonder why they even bothered with other installments in the first place, instead of taking this approach:

Quote:
Whey They Cry has expired and is past the sell-off period. It was the only WTC series that was a part of the original distro deal with Geneon. We renewed the titles that were part of that deal that did sell well. We let expire the ones that didn't. That includes my beloved The Familiar of Zero.

The WTC sequels and Umineko were not part of that agreement. We do not have the license to any of those series. Unfortunately, because WTC series 1 sold poorly, we will never buy the license to the sequels or any other title that bears even a minor resemblance.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3