• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Announces New License and Tsubasa Release Date

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ranma824

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 pm Reply with quote
frentymon wrote:
Tsubasa I can definitely understand, but why Shuffle?

They can't honestly expect it to sell well; it was a niche title to begin with and appeals to a very limited audience. General anime fans who are just DVD-hunting for something to buy aren't going to pick up this one either; from the outlook it is just about the most cliche and generic harem flick you'll ever find. The first 3 or so DVDs would turn away many potential fans as well, seeing as how the series, unfortunately, is pretty much garbage until halfway through.

I understand that the license is cheaper than titles such as Haruhi, but FUNi isn't helping themselves...

I think you've severly underestimated the fans of the show getting the word out to all their friends and my internet. There are legions of Asa-sempai, Primula, and Kaede fangroups waiting patiently for this to be licensed. And now that it has you can bet they'll mention it as much as possible, along with the footnote: "Air, Kanon, and Nanoha can't be too far behind!"

And as far as casual buyers go - You're telling me a male isn't going to look twice at an Artbox with Very Pretty girls plastered all over it?
roesnail

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Unholy_Nny wrote:
It makes me sad that Shuffle! got licensed over more deserving harem series such as Magikano or Da Capo.

you got to be kidding me da capo was way terrible. it took on too many elements and totally faild. and alot of things from the first season was left out of the secound. like the main characters dreams about the future. however a simular anime called gift made all that work very nicely.

im soo glad that funi got shuffle (it could of been a lot worse like the green green dub). thats a must buy. hopfully now the games will come out to. hopefully that does not mean the shuffle memories is going to be but on cease though. GO AAA - awsome awsome asa

tsubasa street date is a dream come true. its one of the greatest.
bci110

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:59 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
One more day to go and FUNi still manages to save me money. Wink

So where's Mushishi, xxxHOLiC TV, release date for Beck?

BECK's suppose to come out in May, right? That's what I heard.

As for the others, we'll see what FUNi has in store for us tomorrow.
Dark Mysty

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Shuffle!? Didn't expect that.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see Shuffle licensed. My Santa would have suprised me if it wasn't leaked late Tuesday along with Shuffle and spoiler[Mushishi] which is apparently being saved for tomorrow.
Aki Ameko

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:44 pm Reply with quote
OMG OMG TSUBASA RELEASE DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY!!!!!!!!

(I will consider that the other news might mean something after I calm down from my fangirl spazm.)
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
coconutpenguin wrote:
May 22 for Tsubasa's release date?!? Man, that's so far away... I can't wait, though! I just hope the dub's good. It's gonna be tricky to find a perfect VA for Fai, ne?

yeah, it seems like it'll be a challenge, but it'll be all the more wonderful when he DOES get a good match! Very Happy btwm I've heard vaguely of "Shuffle" - but never seen/read it myself; is it a good series?
Adept_Rogue_Saiki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:03 am Reply with quote
This news makes me happy. I actually just finished Shuffle this Tuesday and then it gets licensed on Thursday. Talk about odd. Well I look forward to picking the series up.
Stullz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:52 am Reply with quote
SHUFFLE! IMO is a very good series, Each of the characters are unique(though with a few stereotypes to their personalities) and its fun to watch.

And to those with worries about Memories... I believe there is nothing to fear for at least 6 months. It will only be licensed if Funi (or another company) deems the Original Shuffle to be successful enough to warrant a license for a retelling of the story (Which is what Memories seems to be so far. if anyone knows otherwise let me know).

And to the ones who think Shuffle wont be picked up... I am a male and the reason I watched the subs was because I saw the art for Kaede and Asa and thought they looked cool and BOOM! I was hooked. Case in point if the box and dvd's are good looking, you can bet the harem fans (Love Hina, Negima, Tenchi, etc...) will be taking a look.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:28 am Reply with quote
OH YES.

I lost my internet for 3 days, and to find out that Shuffle! has been licensed. This is like a dream come true. Very Happy

I'm definitely picking Shuffle! up.

I'm also relatively surprised that Itsudatte my Santa! got licensed as well. I had a nice time watching this during the Christmas season last year. Though I predict a "from the creator of Love Hina & Negima!" tag on it. Confused
LydiaDianne

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:41 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:
Though I predict a "from the creator of Love Hina & Negima!" tag on it. Confused

More than likely. It's their way of catching the anime fan who hasn't seen the fansubs or haven't heard a lot about the title yet. But, I'm sure that in the next few months both Anime Insider and Newtype will have something concerning these two titles along with more of my favorite choice...Tsubasa!
Trob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:27 pm Reply with quote
Oh man! I am soo unbelievably excited for Tsubasa! I can't believe it's coming out so soon!! However, with Jason Liebrecht as Syaoran and Monica Rial as Sakura it may just end up sounding like Moon Phase, but who cares! ITS TSUBASA!!!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3