• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Announces New Dates for Delayed Anime Releases

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jozoiscute

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:18 pm Reply with quote
....what about Keroro Gunso? (A.K.A. Sgt. Frog)
I haven't heard anything of it's release since last February!!!
Does anyone know when my favorite froggy is being released?
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
narutoismybrother wrote:
Well screw this. I've been anticipating the first volume release of Gurren Lagann like I was the double episode of Code Geass. ADV is sure not putting any faith in me to start buying the series. It was an amazing anime, but I'm not gonna buy it if they're just screwing around.

You might have a day or two of patience. They will let people know as soon as they are able.
Zhemos88

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Yahooooooo.

I was getting worried I wouldn't be able to collect all of Kanon. I'm happy I'll be getting vol 2 with my artbox soon and vol 3 shortly after.

All smiles for me.
DavidShallcross

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
I've actually seen Devil May Cry vol. 1 at a local store. I think it was a Best Buy.
edzieba

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully the GL delay is them finding the HD masters for a Blu-ray release. Not to worried about the Devl May Cry delay, seeing as it was an utterly terrible show anyway (thank goodness for fansubs, or I'd have probably wasted money on it).
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Add another(me) for the GL disappointment. I was so excited to get it today.
Why should the Blu Ray version have any bearing on the regular version's release?? Do not understand.
As for everything else, the delays aren't bad, just 1 or 2 weeks later than originally planned.
I wish they would at least say something about GL (and DMC) not being on the list. They know everyone would notice, so why pretend otherwise. Just say "we're still working on it, we'll tell you more in xx days."
Zalis116

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Jozoiscute wrote:
....what about Keroro Gunso? (A.K.A. Sgt. Frog)
I haven't heard anything of it's release since last February!!!
Does anyone know when my favorite froggy is being released?
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Nobody knows about when that series will come out; it's one of only two unscheduled licenses that ADV has in their arsenal. The other being Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora, which I'm oddly looking forward to despite never having seen it.
silviomanuel380

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what is really going on at ADV since Yotsuba&! Vol. 6, an ADV Manga, has also been delayed.
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I found copies of DMC @ Best Buy without a problem.

Keonyn: I doubt GL is a "big" title. It's more likely to be an otaku title like Abenobashi.
simona.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quote
well, with Geneon shutting down [with no notice whatsoever...], Newtype closing [could mean no more Kadokawa money, I guess...] and the new mag PiQ that "has nothing to do with ADV" I was VERY, VERY worried to see all those titles disappearing from their site, so I am quite relieved to see they are shipping DVDs again.

Geneon basically left me with at least 4 incomplete series [Kyo Kara Maoh, Law of Ueki, Black Lagoon and Hellsing] and I am still waiting to see if anyone picks them up [I HAD to finish Law of Ueki buying the Japanese DVDs because... I just couldn't wait Laughing ] but it was more of a shock to see such a big ship go down than anything else.

Likewise, I don't care much if they delay the series I am collecting [two + one that I would like to start] nor when they are going to ship the economy packs of other stuff I want to buy [but can't spend too much on], as long as they continue to do business and be healthy, I'll be happy enough.

the future of the US market does not appear very rosy, so to speak, and should another giant hit the ground, it would all look really grim Anime cry

ganbare, ADV!!! we luv ya!!
bahamut623

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I found copies of DMC @ Best Buy without a problem.

Keonyn: I doubt GL is a "big" title. It's more likely to be an otaku title like Abenobashi.

Abenobashi is nowhere near as huge as GL has been in the overall anime fandom. Though not quite Haruhi level, it's more in that vein of popularity than Abenobashi. It may not be big in the way that Naruto and Bleach are, but out of everything ADV is releasing so far this year GL is obviously "The Big One".
Ojamajo LimePie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Kanon is safe. That's all that matters for me. Very Happy
koukin74

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of the few delays, this is good news. Whatever problems they were having have been taken care of, it would seem. While it is disappointing that they could not give us the good word on Gurren Laggan, I am glad to see that their current titles are continuing without further delay. Great news for us.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Possibly, but of their titles it seems to be the one receiving the most hype here and over on the other anime boards I frequent. It's no Haruhi, of course, and it may well end up as a niche title as you say. It's getting quite a bit of attention though so who knows.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quote
*Breathes a huge exhaled breath*

Sweet it seems I'll be able to finish Kurau: Phantom Memory and Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy after all and the other title I was following from them, Kanon (2006) seems to be safe as well. Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10