• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Licenses Bleach the Movie: Memories of Nobody

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Toto

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
Zoe wrote:
Eh? spoiler[I could have sworn Rukia never turned into a shinigami during the Bount arc].

My memory is a little fuzzy, but spoiler[she definitely did. If I remember right Mabashi uses his doll to take control of her and forces her to fight as a shinigami. Pretty sure she used her release then.]

Emerje

Nope. Although that happened, spoiler[Rukia didn't release. She just used her sword normally.]
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quote
Well, it wasn't a bad movie by any means, just basically your average Shounen Jump-based standalone story movie. Chances are that I'll probably just buy it on DVD like I have before, but we'll see. If it says major cities across the U.S. are gonna get 'em, then hopefully that means Salt Lake City as well. We kind of got snubbed with the Naruto movie, and the FMA and One Piece movies for some odd reason were in Provo........
braves

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Sweet news! Very Happy But when it comes out on DVD, I'll wait for a while before purchasing it. Just in case they do a Special Edition DVD like they did for the first Naruto movie.

The article wrote:
The television series itself is an adaptation of Kubotite's Bleach manga about Soul Reapers (Shinigami or Gods of Death) who protect humans from the "Hollow" spirits that prey on them.

Isn't it supposed to be Tite Kubo's or Kubo Tite's? Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SonGokuGT

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! I missed Viz's big screen Naruto, but will do my best to make it out to this one!
Primus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quote
That means since we need some of Season Three, us Canucks should expect a release in the theathres in Fall '08, thanks YTV! Sad
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Great news! I've seen it subbed already but it was pretty darn good in my opinion and I'd definitely pick it up. Now what I really want though is more DVD boxsets for the series.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:09 pm Reply with quote
I thought this movie wasn't very good but i'll be buying a ticket anyways. More anime should get theatrical releases here in the US so i'll show support solely because of that.

Hopefully it isn't like the Naruto one that was only one showing on one day.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:47 pm Reply with quote
That really sucked. Wasn't that one day showing on a Thursday?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
Zoe wrote:
Mohawk52 wrote:
I guess this is one of those movies that will make sence if you have watched the fansubs, but pointless if, like myself, one has only seen the first 52 dubbed eps. Rolling Eyes

As long as you stick with the dub, you'll be caught up by the time the movie comes out. The movie came during the filler arc following the current one.
Are there any more after 52?

Yes, AS is up to 54 or 55. I've no idea what the situation is over in the UK though. But as long as you've seen the end of the Soul Society arc (which is only about another 10 episodes), you'll be fine aside from the minor spoiler that's been discussed here, but it's just someone's released shikai.
CitizenGeek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:44 am Reply with quote
Cool -- I'm looking forward to this! :]
Captain-Bravo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:59 am Reply with quote
Primus wrote:
That means since we need some of Season Three, us Canucks should expect a release in the theathres in Fall '08, thanks YTV! Sad

If I remember correctly we still received the naruto movie the same month as America it was just two weeks afterwards and we still got to see that even though we were actually quite a few eps behind America at the time. So hopefully it will be the same thing with Bleach although I'm not exactly sure were the dub is at on YTV right now. Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3