• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lucky ☆ Star!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricDent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:12 pm Reply with quote
This show is pretty darn funny! I am quickly becoming a big fan of it. The dub is really funny as well.

Of course I would like to get the manga version, but have not seen it anywhere. Is it out in English yet?

Lucky Channel is probably the best part!

Plus the ending Kareoke anime/video game songs are fun as well!

Can't wait to get Vol. 4 on DVD (hopefully it has the episode where they make fun of Haruhi).

Speaking of Haruhi (a bit off topic I guess), any word yet on the 2nd season???
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
For the OVA I thought it was interesting that they made Lucky Channel as a live action. I think though that the actress who was playing Kogami Akira really played it out well, and was able to bring cuteness into it as well.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:58 am Reply with quote
Asuka-chan Anime smile wrote:
Lunarose wrote:
Mind spin! I can't read it! Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop

How expensive would a Lucky Star cosplay be?

Oh why? You don`t know Russian, aren`t you? Anime hyper
Please read our Forum Rules [ animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31 ], especially the ones about one-line posts and "This is an English-speaking forum."
ll Miya ll

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 7:32 pm Reply with quote
I love Lucky Star and finished it all. But I really wish the OVA was longer, and that it would be dubbed.
Mistypearl

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 9:37 pm Reply with quote
ll Miya ll wrote:
I love Lucky Star and finished it all. But I really wish the OVA was longer, and that it would be dubbed.

Isn't the OVA licensed or was licensed recently? So unless it was specified sub-only, which I feel is unlikely, I think it will be dubbed in time Smile
Hentai_JP

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I've seen OVA recently too, nearly a year since I finished Lucky Star. That episode is a great reminder of why I love this show, and finally we could see their in-game adventures! If you play WOW or other MMORPG its a must to see.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:08 am Reply with quote
The OVA was recently licensed, though I haven't heard anything about the release. I get the feeling though that they'll be releasing it around the time frame that Anime Expo comes around. I'd like to add it to my collection soon as well.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:56 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
The OVA was recently licensed, though I haven't heard anything about the release. I get the feeling though that they'll be releasing it around the time frame that Anime Expo comes around. I'd like to add it to my collection soon as well.

I contacted Bandai and as I expected, they have yet to tell me details of the release date of Lucky Star OVA. I look forward buying this. (Wendee Lee=instant purchase.) Hopefully this is released soon though.

But I never knew there was a Lucky Star fourm though.

Last edited by Teriyaki Terrier on Wed May 27, 2009 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
bucklemyshoe

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:32 pm Reply with quote
I could have sworn my new rightstuf catalog had a full page add for it with a release date.

EDIT: not a full page add but an add none the less, it says june 02
AU_Gundam

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:08 am Reply with quote
So, are they finishing off Lucky Star with the OVA?
fighterholic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Hopefully this is released soon though.

And hopefully it isn't somehow delayed and then cancelled like LE6.

AU_Gundam wrote:

Hopefully not. The manga as of now is still going in Japan, and they've made several related merchandise as well as video games and CDs. I'm hoping that it's not the end, I'd love to see another OVA or second season, but the latter I don't see as that likely.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:10 am Reply with quote
fighterholic wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Hopefully this is released soon though.

And hopefully it isn't somehow delayed and then cancelled like LE6.

AU_Gundam wrote:

Hopefully not. The manga as of now is still going in Japan, and they've made several related merchandise as well as video games and CDs. I'm hoping that it's not the end, I'd love to see another OVA or second season, but the latter I don't see as that likely.

To be honest, I doubt the OVA will be cancelled. Yes Bandai cancelled the special edition of Lucky Star volume six, but not the regular edition. Bandai will eventually release Lucky Star OVA, but its anyone guess what date that will be.

But I too would enjoy seeing another season of Lucky Star, especially if they were to be in a college setting.
_Earthwyrm_

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I contacted Bandai and as I expected, they have yet to tell me details of the release date of Lucky Star OVA. I look forward buying this. (Wandee Lee=instant purchase.) Hopefully this is released soon though.

I've noticed before that you're an avid fan on Wendee Lee, which is great because I think she's pretty great too (She's no Crispin Freeman though Very Happy) - but I've always been confused, because you consistently write her name as 'Wandee' rather than 'Wendee'.
Given that your a massive fan of hers, I'm sure that you're not just gettin' it wrong and that it must be some reference to somethin' or another.
The curiosity is killing me - why Wandee?

Kind of a tangent really, but it's only one question (and the VA in question is in this show Wink), so I don't think it'll kill the thread.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Earth_Wyrm wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
I contacted Bandai and as I expected, they have yet to tell me details of the release date of Lucky Star OVA. I look forward buying this. (Wandee Lee=instant purchase.) Hopefully this is released soon though.

I've noticed before that you're an avid fan on Wendee Lee, which is great because I think she's pretty great too (She's no Crispin Freeman though :D) - but I've always been confused, because you consistently write her name as 'Wandee' rather than 'Wendee'.
Given that your a massive fan of hers, I'm sure that you're not just gettin' it wrong and that it must be some reference to somethin' or another.
The curiosity is killing me - why Wandee?

Kind of a tangent really, but it's only one question (and the VA in question is in this show ;)), so I don't think it'll kill the thread.

...Well that is certainly embarassing and know why I shouldn't type when I am really tired. I assure you, its a typo, an embarassing typo since read her name dozens of times. But yeah, as you can tell, I am a big fan of Wendee Lee (and Crispin Freeman). As far as I know, I think its just a typo on my part, I can't really think of any anime references "Wandee" would be.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Posts I made about this on Facebook:

Stil Onweer wrote:
Lucky Star (2007).

The work at the very center of the pivotal point in anime history when the medium thereafter took a steady downturn into an era saturated with slice of life and moe.

*Sigh*

And I'm enjoying it. It has almost no semblance of a plot, but dammit, it's cute and it's amusing.

Burn me at the stake.

(...)

What am I turning in to?

What have I become?

I have watched up to episode 6. I will very likely watch more tonight at work.

\m/ Konata \m/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 29 of 31