• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Video: California TV Reports on Pedobear Warning

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
~nanashi~ wrote:
Great, now I'm going to have to take down my Pedobear decal. Anime smile

You do seem to be in SoCal, so yeah, they're watching for you.
Quote:
I had occasion to make a home visit to one of the sex offenders under my jurisdiction. His conviction offense involves sexually assaultive behavior on a child. He lives in a roommate situation with several other young, single men in an otherwise normal, [name removed] neighborhood. After completing my contact with him, I noticed, on the lower, front windshield of one of his roommate’s cars, a familiar image. Pedo Bear out in the open
Realistically, that was just stupid of the roommate, but on the other hand, if you don't have 4th waiver status & you aren't doing anything to make law enforcement suspect you're after kids, you might (maybe) be ok.

If your roommate's under law enforcement supervision (parole or probation) or you visit a friend who is I'd remove the decal. I'd also avoid hanging out around elementary schools or daycare facilities. Cops have a hard job & the nature of their usual clients is deception & lying, so what you may see as a joke, they may not. I was trying to tell one of our officers this was sort of maybe blown out of proportion since we got the memo the first of this month, but she couldn't see the humor in joking about child molestation so she thought it was real & the rest of us are just being fooled by the child molestors.
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
HA HA LOL

We don't live in California but my Sisters neighbor has a pedobear sticker on the back of his car.
The Xenos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Just... wow. Next thing you know they're gonna report on Eric Cartman becoming a mascot for neo-nazi groups. Eh. I can't beat the original comment in this thread about " a story on how thieves can be easily identified since they all dress like the McDonald's Hamburglar."

Wow. Internet satire just went waaaaay over the head of law enforcement and the news. This makes all those stories blaming Marlyn Manson for Columbine (despite the teens never listening to him) look like a well thought out study by the American Psychological Association. Bravo, folks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4