• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hamatora (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

So in short, if anyone's still watching, can they tell me if episode 10 shows any remote promise of this thing at least going somewhere? I'm in the point of haste in which I wouldn't mind dropping it, even if I'm just three episodes short of finishing it.

I am basically just trying to hang in there since it feels like a waste to drop this show this late...episode 10 was just as lame as most of the eps. before except for caution: read at your own risk! spoiler[that hacker chick who's with Moral seems to keep Art's body in her bedroom? Or maybe he's still alive, besides having been stabbed and shot several times, but hey, he might have spontaneously developed some sort of immortality minimum...Rolling Eyes]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 am Reply with quote
Oh, that's promising. I'm dropping the show for now, but if spoiler[Art comes back from the grave and triumphantly saves the day (not the show, that one's beyond any salvation)] I'll definitely go back to it.
phia_one

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
From reading the previous posts, it looks like I haven't missed much since dropping this.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Moral's plan seems to be unfolding nicely.
The spoiler[truth about minimum holders] has finally leaked.
New situation is spoiler[causing panic], but that's to be expected.
Kinda feel sorry for the monser-looking ones.
I was surprised to see Nice turn down a case.
That isn't like him at all.
So now spoiler[a group is even inciting riots].
Gotta hand it to Moral.
His plan is working perfectly so far.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
I swear, that beast reminds me of The Hulk. As far as Moral's plan goes, I sure hope it fails or all hell would break loose. It seems like there will be a confrontation next time.

Btw, I think spoiler[Art might be alive? Who is that guy in the bedroom. It didn't show but seemed to somehow suggest it is him but whether he is alive or dead is still unknown].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Nice was being awfully nice to Moral.
Things sure are getting strange.
Relationships between humans & minimum holders are getting worse.
I was surprised Moral would be so open to sharing.
Just what kind of a criminal mastermind is he?!
Guess a pretty weird one.
Well, at least most of the things got nicely explained.
Takahiro part was rather sad.
Didn't see that one coming at all.
Maye that'll be enough to get Nice moving..]
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Nice was being awfully nice to Moral.
Things sure are getting strange.
Relationships between humans & minimum holders are getting worse.
I was surprised Moral would be so open to sharing.
Just what kind of a criminal mastermind is he?!
Guess a pretty weird one.
Well, at least most of the things got nicely explained.
Takahiro part was rather sad.
Didn't see that one coming at all.
Maye that'll be enough to get Nice moving..]
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
I've been enjoying this show for the silly morsel it is. It's derivative, melodramatic, and simplistic (both in plot and animation), but it's logical and I actually laugh during the comic moments.

I just saw eps 10 & 11, and a brief scene in ep 10 implies spoiler[Art is still alive
. I certainly hope that is the case. His character arc seemed unfinished. Episode 11 had Hulk Takahiro acting like a sweet kid, then hulking out and killing a guy (!) to protect his mom, and finally, being blown inside-out by Moral. Hajime's cries got to me. I think that was the most emotion she's displayed all season, and that cry was powerful and realistic. Kudos to her VA. Takahiro's mom's cries were good, too, but her character...her "think of the children" spiel made me think of The Simpsons so much, I wonder if it was on purpose. I figured she would cool down after the first incident with her son, but she got worse. I wonder what she was thinking when her son rushed to her protection, or if she'll even change her tune after his death. She would make a more interesting villain than Moral, who's obvious with black and white thinking (I do wonder what his assistant's motives are, if she has any of her own).]

Did anybody notice the Wolverine clawed guy in ep 11? If it wasn't clear before where the concept of "Minimums" came from. Very Happy
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:06 pm Reply with quote
Oh my goodness, is that spoiler[Hajime] going into rage mode after the ED song? Yup it is. Now someone's going to pay big time and I'm guessing that will be Morel for all the drama he has pulled including this episode.

I think justice will be served in the end but to wrap it up in a single episode might feel rushed. At any rate, I expect most if not all the Hamatora members to play some role in his Morel's hopeful defeat. (maybe even spoiler[Art if he is alive, which I'm sort of doubting right now although there's hope based on the ending of episode 10)]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:32 am Reply with quote
I used to be a security guard, until I took a sledgehammer to the head. This episode sure turned up the splatter to 11, huh.
Merida

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:57 am Reply with quote
The only remotely interesting thing about this ep. was the spoiler[ "let's not beat up the evil mastermind but invite him to a coffee and talk to him instead"] approach...other than that, this show just feels like a huge mess of random clichés and wasted potential.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:51 am Reply with quote
^I actually ended up finding that part to be pretty stupid too. Nice is smart but he sure didn't show it in this episode if he thought that Moral would just let himself be captured like that.

Then he has the nerve to get upset with Moral taking a hostage.

Hmmm well when you invite the mastermind who has been behind the deaths of hundreds of people to have coffee with you what the hell do you expect to happen you twit? That's like letting a wild lion that hasn't eaten for 5 days into your house and expecting it not to eat your bloody face off.

Pretty much ends up being the reason Takahiro dies so he doesn't have anyone to blame but himself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
I'll post full thoughts later but I'm guessing there will be a spoiler[sequel or another season with that cliffhanger, not to mention the "TO BE CONTINUED".]

spoiler[The rage was quite something this episode though and I'm glad Moral is getting the stuffing beating out of him, like the way he he deserves it.]
Merida

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
"To be continued"?! WHY?! If i knew this trainwreck of a show would end like this and get a second season, i'd dropped it halfway through...now i kind of want to know how it continues.Crying or Very sad

Big spoilers for the ending and Art's fate: spoiler[Art shows up out of nowhere (they were on a bloody ship?!) as if nothing ever happened after Moral was basically already defeated by Nice and shoots Moral. He then points the gun at Nice's head and apparently shoots him offscreen. THE END.]

Well, we all know by now that spoiler[being shot (or stabbed...or shot and stabbed) doesn't mean much in this series,] the announcement of another season was more shocking, to be honest.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Ummm there hasn't been a second confirmed season that i know of. Just because something says to be continued doesn't mean diddly dick these days.

BTOOM!, Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge and i'm sure many more had to be continued signs and neither have been greenlit for a continuation. If they don't announce it officially after putting the "TBC" thing up it'll most likely depend on sales.

I don't see this anime selling very well either. The anime doesn't really have a great focus and the character development is none existent. Overall found it to be mediocre because it never really knew what it was trying to be. I don't really know what to think of the cliffhanger ending other than it doesn't make one bit of sense.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7