• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Full Metal Panic! Novels Inspire New Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 6:54 am Reply with quote
i hope they don't use cgi for the mechs.
tintor2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:08 am Reply with quote
The time has come and so have I
Ota-kun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
It. Is. Finally. Happening. After ten years wait I got the official confirmation. This is a lucky day for me. Thank you!! Let's hope it's gonna be full series happening after TSR.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
TheMorry wrote:
And i can't remember an anime Hilary Haag worked for Funi....

She was the voice of Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash, which is under Funimation's domain.
Actar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:21 am Reply with quote
The original seasons are amazing. Please watch them.

If they do do a new adaptation, they had better not change the mecha designs.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
TheMorry wrote:
And i can't remember an anime Hilary Haag worked for Funi....

She was the voice of Rebecca Miyamoto from Pani Poni Dash, which is under Funimation's domain.

But when she did it she was working for ADV, not Funimation.
Is there some reason why she does not work for Funimation?
At least Luci Christian has done work for Funimation.

In any case, it will be a long time before we need to worry about that.
For now I will just wait to see what actually gets produced in Japan.

I am happy to hear about this.
I love all of the FMP anime, the original manga, the "Overload" manga, and the five novels that Tokyopop published.
I am looking forward to more anime. More manga and novels would be nice too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
curtisd88

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Hell yes! Need more Sagara and Chidori in my life!
DarkFusion

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:15 am Reply with quote
I find out about a new FMP anime soon after learning Trails in the Sky SC's release date...what god did I please? Very Happy
Mithril02

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
It's not going to be a remake idk why people assume that. They stated in dragon magazine and Shoji Gatoh himself mentioned season 4 was planned and that he'd let us know if it was going to happen or wasn't. Also pictures in Dragon Magazine that showed Laevatein armslave which takes places after the events of TSR .Watching the stream thru Nico Nico he showed a pic of Kaname, Tessa, and Sousuke along with Laevatein armslave. The information that was withheld was how many episodes there would be, and if Kyoto would do it again. Also all the same Japanese voice actors are returning which again if it was a remake, they wouldn't all be the same. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

Last edited by Mithril02 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mithril02

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/10/24/new-full-metal-panic-anime-announced

Link to the Picture he showed at the Festival reveal :3 Season 4 folks.
Sloppy_Jimbo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
I cried a single tear...and the whole world was reborn!!!
Rivailloli

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:20 am Reply with quote
I watched some of the first season a while back when I was first getting into anime, but never finished it. It was alright from what I remember. Maybe I'll go back and finish it sometime soon because of this announcement.

alfredonm wrote:
even some of them have some serious competition against Kyoani, like: PAWORKS, BONES, GOHANDS, SHAFT, A1-PICTURES, XEBEC, and yes JC-STAFF <---- they fixed themselves a lot,

Many of those studios produce no where near the same quality of animation that Kyoto Animation does, maybe the exception is Bones and that depends on what they're working on. JC Staff and A1-Pictures are especially nowhere near the same league as KyoAni and it's preposterous to even think that they produce the same quality of animation.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
Mithril02 wrote:
Also all the same Japanese voice actors are returning which again if it was a remake, they wouldn't all be the same. Not impossible, but highly unlikely.

I disagree with this completely. Pretty often they do use the same seiyuu on remakes. It all depends on how many years it's been, and how how expensive the seiyuu have become (and of course, if they're willing to do it).

I'm so freaking hyped up for this. One of my all type favorite mecha (and I've seen most of them that exist after 1990). Well, time ot pop in my DVDs >.>
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
God damn it YES!!! No light novel! No manga! ANOTHER ANIME SERIES FOR FMP!!!

Damn it, I don't care if its KyoAni (which I desperately hope it is) or I.G or Sunrise; I'm so freaking happy I could hurt someone right now!!!!

Funimation, grab Chris and Luci because I need a simlucast dub STAT!! Heck, I'll upgrade my membership and pre-order the Blu Ray if they get the cast back together.

Edit: Ugh, I just made myself sad because it's been 10 years and Funi's contract for FMP might not allow for new acquisitions which might explain why they don't have the new Mushi-shi even though Aniplex of America only stream. *sob* Gonna have to wait until someone in the U.S gets the home release rights.

Last edited by Keichitsu0305 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
I love the news of its return- by this time, it's going to be a new adaptation as it's become a thing these days but still better than the latest long title Light Novel- but I would rather have someone other than 2016 Kyoto Animation. 2005 Kyoto Animation? Sure, just not these days.

KA and Sunrise seem to want to do their own franchises because that's where the money is, Gonzo is a joke of its former joke self of its former studio that was good so, well, if you get right down to it, isn't this the type of thing BONES should do?

As long as the story's finished, they should be fine. Of course, they still need to do the improved Soul Eater first...

Soul Eater...uh... Unity.

Oh right, Full Metal Panic would also need an add on.
Full Metal Panic Pandemonium.

Just you wait...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8