• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Soul Eater Not! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Nothing much else to comment on, since nothing really happened.

This season makes Death City seem like a pretty mundane place. The school itself as well -- other than the exterior only the lecture hall owes anything to the art of the original series.

Maka made an appearance. How can you say nothing happened? Maka.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Maka made an appearance. How can you say nothing happened? Maka.

We need more Death the Kid! I think so far, he's only been in the entire show for less than 5 seconds.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

Damn, that eppie was chockful of spoiler[ yuri goodness]. I really felt for Jacqueline and what seemed would be an spoiler[unrequited crush. Very happy things are looking up for her!]

Last edited by Blood- on Wed May 07, 2014 5:42 am; edited 1 time in total
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 12:45 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Proper response to this episode.

The beginning of the episode really took me by surprise spoiler[with having it be a dream]. It did make me quite spoiler[hopeful for yuri], and I liked the pairing.

Some other funny things, Eternal Feather saying she got good information from a spoiler[reliable stalker], and then cut to the spoiler[delusional dorm head who has created an insane map linking characters together in strange ways]. And Kim actually acting like spoiler[a Tanuki when she smelled the food].
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:42 am Reply with quote
Looks like they finally introduced the spoiler[main antagonist of this series although she only made like a 10 second cameo. Still, I'm looking forward to her role.]

The latest episode was cute I guess especially the beginning with Kim.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
I loved the episode. I didn't really like the first part (thought it was ok) but the second part was great. So spoiler[Kim is indeed a witch]. Guess I made the right choice about not reading my Soul Eater manga yet.

Stark700 wrote:
Looks like they finally introduced the spoiler[main antagonist of this series although she only made like a 10 second cameo. Still, I'm looking forward to her role.]

The latest episode was cute I guess especially the beginning with Kim.

spoiler[She actually appeared in the 3rd episode (I think) altho this was the first time her face appears]
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 pm Reply with quote
Haha, Soul Eater Not! is spoilering something from the original manga that not even the first anime got into: spoiler[Kim being a witch.] It comes to a head in the Arachne arc in the manga.

It's also interesting they're throwing in a strong yuri angle, considering that spoiler[Kim and Ox] seem to become a couple in the original manga (or at least it is hinted). Although Jackie's devotion to Kim was apparent in the original manga as well, so I'm not surprised.
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
willag wrote:
Haha, Soul Eater Not! is spoilering something from the original manga that not even the first anime got into: spoiler[Kim being a witch.] It comes to a head in the Arachne arc in the manga.

It's also interesting they're throwing in a strong yuri angle, considering that spoiler[Kim and Ox] seem to become a couple in the original manga (or at least it is hinted). Although Jackie's devotion to Kim was apparent in the original manga as well, so I'm not surprised.

At least Soul Eater NOT is getting the correct ending, unlike the original Soul Eater.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 8:42 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

It was awesome to see spoiler[Death the Kid again tbh even if it's for a moment. At the same time, Liz & Patty were a nice sight to see, well somewhat although Anya didn't get well with them.]

I think the main story of the series is finally picking up at the end there. I just hope they don't omit anything important or rush this.
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm trying hard to stay a week behind on this show because I don't have a Funi subscription, so I dom't comment as often as I would if I watched it weekly (my phone's browser shows all the text right through the spoiler bars). I fell in love with this show, though. It's not just slice of life. It's set in an awesome fantasy world, it has an ongoing plot with a Big Bad, and it aint just cute girls doing cute things--Akane and Clay get plenty of screentime and even some fanservice.
I didn't like ep 5 as much as I did 4--I was disappointed that the boys didn't show up to clean the pool! But the resolution of the Kim/Jaqueline arc was great.

Ep 4 was even better. I think I ship Akane and Tsugumi a little bit. Clay is really funny--the love confession/teen soap opera diagram scene was great (as was Tsugumi's reaction showing she's not a ditz who'll believe anything about love). So, if Akane has a Star mark, is he related to Black Star? I was under the impression that his whole clan was dead.

Also in ep 5, Kim says spoiler["I didn't want to be born a witch."] Does Soul Eater ever explain how witches work in their world? If it's by birth or genetic, why isn't Chrona a witch? If it's by inclination or choice, how is that little girl that the samurai Mifune protects a witch? I assume it's a combination, but I do hope it's explained in the manga. Seems wrong to eat the souls of witches if they were just born that way.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:13 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
It was awesome to see spoiler[Death the Kid again tbh even if it's for a moment. At the same time, Liz & Patty were a nice sight to see, well somewhat although Anya didn't get well with them.]

Such bad girls. It would be fun to tame them but clearly that's something not just anyone can do. If there was ever a case needing tough love there's two of them there.

Next week: more Maka!
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 1:08 am Reply with quote
Well, it wasn't quite the big revelation I thought it would be, but I finally know how weapons were born lol Anya! Gotta love that girl!
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:46 am Reply with quote
Wow, Patty and Liz are substantially more obnoxious than I remember them being in Soul Eater. Hotter, too. I guess it's a trade off.

I found Anya and Meme's spoiler[yanqui act, hilarious - especially after we found out that they were inspired by "CSI: Yo-yo Girl Cop"]. Laughing

Lovin' this show.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Those girls are a spoiler[lot rougher than I remember from what I saw]. I thought they were mostly the spoiler[ones keep mr OCD in check]? Does it mean this series is set slightly before the main series?

It was quite delightful watching Meme and Anya spoiler[doing their punk act].

Also was that one guy really in the wrong? Comparatively spoiler[they were much ruder].
Bolaum

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 6

Those girls are a spoiler[lot rougher than I remember from what I saw]. I thought they were mostly the spoiler[ones keep mr OCD in check]? Does it mean this series is set slightly before the main series?

Yup it is.

Episode 6:

Another episode I enjoyed. I lol'd at spoiler[Patty making another animal with paper (she made one in the first Soul Eater anime].

Looks like next episode things will get darker.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9