• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catstigereye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:54 am Reply with quote
no the bad guy was the person in the hospital thats what i got out of it.

and it's a laugh. type show.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4

Show's back on track for me after what I considered a lackluster eppie last time.

Fave line from Vampy Ninjy: spoiler["You're a cross-dressing piece of shit festering in a bag of garbage...

...but I believe in your strength."]
Laughing That girl's a real charmer, no doubt.

I was kinda hoping we would never have to see spoiler[Zombie Boy turn into Magical Girl again - oh well, at least they didn't go all Najica Blitz Tactics with the pantsu.]

Lots of interesting backstory on Yuu and what her "deal" is - spoiler[plus fairly decent cliffhangerish ending] - nice!
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:52 pm Reply with quote
So yeah, Episode 4.

Yuu's character development was nice. It's hard to expect what this show will you give. It's all about random craziness with a Zombie who can turn into a 'Masou Shojo' and fights these weird monster things.

The show continues to entertain me with just randomness, the 'bad' cooking, the random whale Megalo appearance. It does a good job at mixing drama with comedy.

spoiler[So, the ending was unexpected. My Kyoko! No! Why, why must you be gone before you even had more than 10 minutes of air time!]

Oh dear, the second spoiler['Masou Shojo' "henshin" of Ayumu], that was... Cute?

I'll be looking forward Episode 5.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm Reply with quote
But did you notice spoiler[how she died? Her throat was cut, the same way the whale died.] Coincidence? I don't think so? Is she spoiler[gone for good (note I didn't say "really dead")?] Again, I don't think so.

A good episode. The whale thing was totally random. It reminded me of Jungle de Ikou. I still don't know what was up with that.

The deal about Yuu, though... her fate is pretty horrible. I hope she can be helped somehow.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4 was by far the most serious episode of the show so far. I was still a pretty good episode I think. Which is an encouraging sign, as this series seems like it wants to combine the funny, the serious, the cool, and the just plain bizarre all together, but until now I wasn't certain how well it would be able to handle the serious parts.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:45 am Reply with quote
I love this show, episode 4 just reafirms that to me it is this season's Ika Musume or Seitokai no Ichizon. They managed to do something with Yuu that makes her more then a mystery emotionless girl.

"Don't do it, spoiler[Ayumu!] You mustn't become any spoiler[cuter!]" Now why did that make me laugh so much despite suposed to being serious. I guess they have a funny way at mixing comedy with drama that can be hard to tell if they are playing it straight. Seeing the spoiler[dog head] guy also gave me a chuckle, especially when he spoiler[drank the tea] Laughing .

As for the serious side, I replayed a part a few times and it looks like the spoiler[serial killer is a weak looking girl].

Also when you saw that thing flying in the air, did anyone else think Invader Zim, indeed there are few more random sights then seeing a spoiler[Whale flying in the sky.] Right next to the food reminding me of of spoiler[Xenomorph blood], unquestionably spoiler[vampires should never cook, unless it is Karin.]
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
A touching dramatic moment sandwiched between spoiler[a doberman-demon getting impaled] and a giant floating spoiler[whale-thing decapitated] is awesome and weird and I love it.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
I thought if it were going to start crumbling, this would be the episode. Fortunately they got past a critical moment and with magical girl elegance. Now I'm even more interested in the necromancer. I really didn't expect that backstory. She is indeed very entertaining. Wonder if she would marry me.

Anyway, my top 3 for this season is already pretty solid but not precise. Gosick > Fractale > Kore wa Zombie Desu ne?
Bottom 3? Oreimo - Downgraded version (shit number 1) < Rio < Cardfight!
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Ep 4 made it official that Haruna is my favorite of the gals. spoiler[She had her powers stolen, can't become a Masou Shojo, but does she sit around and cry about it?] Nope. Instead, spoiler[she sucks it up, and musters whatever power she can in order help the team in whatever manner she could, even if it meant she might get smashed through the roof!] That-a-girl, Haruna! Wink
I guess I'm starting to warm up to Ninpire girl, but she's still the least interesting/entertaining one.
Oh yeah, and Yuu's reaction to Ayumu's transformation was pretty awesome!
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:11 am Reply with quote
Well Haruna is a self proclaimed genious, with an ego with the power of a chainsaw. I loved how she was telling Ayumu spoiler[to do it all for her when he is suposed to be helping Yuu and Haruna kind of forced it onto him. And she was willing to just watch him get torn apart by a vampire and use him to test the safety of the food], she is definetly likeable.
Mister V

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:22 am Reply with quote
Oh, this show does deliver unexpectedly. I kind of thought the dramatic moment would turn out to be a dream, because it really came out of left field. This particular Defrosting of the Ice Queen was kinda sudden. But seriously, this is like Shana on crack, and I'm liking it.
About Ayumu's transformation and power - over 9000 joke incoming?
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I think I might have found something interesting. I'm rewatching Episode 4 and at the part where Haruna talks about an "artifact", she says something that sounds like "Kyodofu". Now, Episode 5 is titled "Yes, it's Kyo-dofu." This is very... Interesting. So, I'll assume this: spoiler[The artifact Haruna is looking for might be Kyoko, and Kyoko might not be human.]

Haven't watched Episode 5 except the first minute of it which had me surprised. I wasn't expecting that kind of fanservice. Now, onward to Episode 5! About what kind of randomness awaits me?!

Edit for Episode 5:

It would appear I was wrong about the Kyo-dofu thing, but my assumptions were somewhat right. Interesting episode, but since I saw spoilers before watching, it didn't really have much of an effect on me. However... The fanservice was just... I'm thankful for it, I guess? This is one hell of an anime.

Without any spoilers, who would have really expected spoiler[Kyoko to be behind this.] That is one heck of a twist. Even though this event happen, I'm still hoping for spoiler[Kyoko to be part of Ayumu's harem.] Anime hyper

I'll be looking forward Episode 6.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm Reply with quote
So what the hell is she?

spoiler[She's definitely a Masou-Shoujo, but also has Vampire Ninja eyes/cape and has about 10 lives in her. I'm gonna go with Homunculus]

The first part of this episode was....pushing it with the ecchi (though I liked Dai-sensei) but the second half was pretty great. And I love how they're still playing him wearing that silly outfit completely straight.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:04 pm Reply with quote
What I respect about this show is that it doesn't have the girls constantly beating up Ayumu for being a perv. They constantly berate him, but that's reasonable. Like in the intro scene for episode 5, Sera insults him for peeping, but there's no physical retaliation for it. When spoiler[Haruna kicks the crap out of him later for walking in on her naked, she's justified because she did tell him to stay out, and he'd already told her that dinner was ready. It's not as though he needed to bring her down that very moment, ] thus the beating was more or less justified.

I like the comedy in this series better than the action, and the plot seems too macabre really. It's almost jarring to go from the harem comedy hijinx to the murder mystery, and that the comedy retains that goofball sensibility rather than switching to dark humor seems a little off to me. But this is still a great show.

So... spoiler[we've got two darkly subverted magical girl shows this season.] New trend?

EmbraceMe wrote:
Without any spoilers, who would have really expected spoiler[Kyoko to be behind this.]

Eivion, actually.
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Thought this episode was rather weak compared to the previous... but I guess it was just building up for next episode's climax.

garfield15 wrote:
spoiler[She's definitely a Masou-Shoujo, but also has Vampire Ninja eyes/cape and has about 10 lives in her. I'm gonna go with Homunculus.]

Man... my memory went blank, but I do recall when they mentioned someone collecting souls, and making a pact with another creature (I think), which supposedly makes her, the murderer (unknown back then), much stronger.
She's not invincible, as she said she had about 10 lives left. I'd say she was originally a Masou Moujo, who somehow made a pact of sorts with the other side (whoever sends those monsters). Either way, as it stands, I'd say she's just a modified Masou Shoujo.

If anything, I've been underestimating the Masou Shoujo's powers. It looks like the series will be featuring it most of the time, even though the necromancer in action should be just awesome (next episode, perhaps?).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 12