• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? (TV)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soundmonkey44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I saw episode 1 yesterday, pretty fun series, its like Shana dokuro chan & highschool of the dead did the fusion dance with this as the result. Obviously its nothing special writing wise, but in the mindless fun department, its a winner. I'll deffinantly be keeping up with this series.
killmyself

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
My brother actually asked if SHAFT was involved, I actually like the style aswell, I see no faults and not really that different to many other shows around.

So you don't like it asimpson2006, it must not be your cup of tea, everyone has different tastes. It is a good thing you know now so you can watch the shows you do like.

Also on the nickname of Sera being Vamija, wouldn't it be better as Vampinja, that way it is more of a conection between the words (very important forum topic). Although for me I have already memorised her name as Sera and with a little thinking I can remember Seraphim, actually they mentioned it as being a western name but I have not heard of it. *googles to find out* Apparently a Seraphim (or Seraph) is some sort of really high angle that are near god and keep order. Wonder if that describes her in some way, she did have wings after all.

Was he talking about the art or the content of the show because I can understand the latter. The show does seem like something SHAFT would make from a content standpoint but it isn't anywhere near as polished or stylized as SHAFT shows are. That doesn't make it bad though.

I don't see anything wrong with the art everything doesn't have to be SHAFT or even modern JC Staff(Index is an exception not their standard also this doesn't look any older than Milky Holmes).

I thought I wouldn't like the show from the summary I read before the season but I have been enjoying it. It won't be something that ends up being a top 10 of the year for me but it is solid.
SethMosrite

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:02 pm Reply with quote
They definitely dialed up the fan service with episode 3. This show seems to be going from action/comedy to harem pretty quickly as yet another female character is introduced. A little disappointing, but I will admit I enjoyed the spoiler[gratuitous Twister scene].
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:42 pm Reply with quote
SethMosrite wrote:
but I will admit I enjoyed the spoiler[gratuitous Twister scene].

You weren't the only one Embarassed ...

The bowling alley was pretty good, too. They captured the whole spoiler["Oh crap! Why are they here?! Please don't see me!" ] scenario pretty good. Been there myself more times than I would like.

Thoughts on the serial killer: spoiler[So, Kyoko's description of the killer matches Yuu's physical appearance.] Maybe spoiler[Yuu has an evil twin she's tracking down and that's why she was in this world in the first place?] I dunno...
vastoceans

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Definitely stepped up the fanservice and turned down the comedy for this episode. I'm not really sure this is going the harem route though - at least - not in the sense that all of the girls will magically fall in love with Ayumu like the "insert your face here" protagonist in Infinite Stratos. Guess we'll see. New girl is cute, curious to see where the plot is going. Next episode needs more Yuu, please!
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I thought the entire bowling alley scene/hospital visit made the whole episode worth it.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I strongly suspect that Kyoko is lying to our intrepid zombie. Could be wrong, though.

Overall, great episode. The bowling scene was great, as was the games the girls were playing. Smile

I have to say that Kyoko is pretty annoying, but she's definitely cute.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to guess that Kyoko is the "She is XXX" girl in the opening song. And yes, she's cute, and I agree that she might be lying.

The delusions always makes me laugh. What makes them better this episode is the fanservice related ones. Oh, silly Orito, you couldn't handle the truth. They did a good job at intriguing me more with the "information" about the serial killer.

Oh, more Yuu plox.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
This was my least favourite episode so far (except for Twister - that was awesome). There really was no story to speak of except when Cutie Buxom Twintails gave her description of the serial killer. I found the comedy kind of weak.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:35 pm Reply with quote
I liked the ridiculous Jenga match.

My thoughts on Kyoko is that spoiler[Yuu revived her too, which would explain why she saw Yuu. I mean, the episode title was: Yes, I have twin tails. In keeping with the theme of previous episodes, it answers the question posed by the title (Are you a zombie?), and then provides a further description. Episode 1 refers to Aikawa rather than Haruna.]
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
huh? I'm confused by the reactions. Are you all playing opposite day on me? It was by far my favorite episode, I found it absolutely hilarious and the parts you guys like (Twister and the Hospital scene) were the weakest parts to me.

That Dream! How can you not laugh at a magical girl fighting spoiler[Giga Pudding] with a chainsaw? That was great! The absurd spoiler[Jenga and Mahjong games using their powers ] had punchlines I didn't expect (While the Twister was simply gratuitous- I guess after Honey and CLover Twister there's not much more funny to be had in anime Twister)- I laughed at every over-reaction and clueless moment from the friend and Ayumu's attempt to disguise himself. But the hospital scene didn't do much for me- the girl seemed boring and the situation seemed out of place, although how it was described in the next episode made me laugh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eivion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:23 am Reply with quote
Enjoyed the episode fine, but I agree that its the weakest thus far. Kyoko's introduction was interesting. Personally I suspect she is spoiler[the serial killer] though Dorcus Aurelia's theory is probably more likely.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:11 am Reply with quote
Well one of my biggest theories is that spoiler[the house Ayumu ran into may have been Kyoko's house, there is the possibility that she saw Yuu who came to save Ayumu.] It is unlikely that Yuu is the serial killer, for one when he met her he found the serial killer soon after, makeing it too short a time. On the other hand spoiler[Kyoko might actually be the killer and she lied to make him turn, a clue being she had a wooden sword with her and the killer having a katana, and way too easy for unfortunate protaganist.]

Now the important things, fanservice was nice, and I was kept entertained enough with the comedy. They seemed to a couple times apply having something hapen up close, and a secondary joke hapening in the background, like the masks or Haruna getting pissed off. Games with superhumans gets kind of strange, the pawn piece had me laughing, he probably should be glad his house has not been destroyed. Still not the craziest Jemga scene I have seen in anime, but a good contendor.

Also I thought that this Kyoko girl might be the fourth girl that is in a lot of official artwork who is yet to be introduced, yet that person is apparently a Yuki Yoshida (or Tomonori) who is likely the "she is xxx".
Mister V

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 am Reply with quote
I found it to be on par with the rest, but I found the friend quite funny. It's like, they're taking the typical friend who doesn't get any girls, and just taking it to the extreme. "God... just please save him!" Har har.
spoiler[I found Aikawa's actions with the girl in the hospital irredeemably stupid, though. Yeah, that's right, go tell this random person you have clues of the killer.]
egoist

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:50 pm Reply with quote
Too many funny things happened my brain failed to process all of them. One that went unnoticed but made me laugh later was his imagine of the Necromancer. Looks like she's a little sister in any pubescent boy's imagination. Laughing
Other than that, I didn't dislike anything this episode. But apparently she has a twin or something?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 12