• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Gundam Build Fighters Try

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
laureninspace wrote:
I had really high hopes for Gundam Hair (the only true name for Gundam AGE) but we all know how that went. You really don't need to watch AGE to get GBF. Sure, they feature suits from every show that has come before it, but that's not integral to the plot and I only recognize about half of them.

I know that. I'm watching it because I want to and I happen to like it. I'm currently in the second arc; I just haven't had time to marathon through it.

YOU ARE MY NEW BEST FRIEND IN THE WORLD!!
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:45 pm Reply with quote
I think AGE was okay in the first arc. Felt like a condensed full show. the 2nd arc had some good plotlines. The 3rd had some promise too, but what -killed- age for me was the end of the show, not far into the 3rd arc. Things just start getting bad and they didn't recover.

There's a movie that condenses AGE, and that's actually pretty good. It's almost like a movie sized version of the 2nd arc. The hating on AGE is far too strong. I also give AGE props for being experimental in a few ways.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I thought the final episode of Try including the actual gunpla winners in the anime was a nice touch.

H. Guderian wrote:
I think AGE was okay in the first arc. Felt like a condensed full show. the 2nd arc had some good plotlines. The 3rd had some promise too, but what -killed- age for me was the end of the show, not far into the 3rd arc. Things just start getting bad and they didn't recover.

There's a movie that condenses AGE, and that's actually pretty good. It's almost like a movie sized version of the 2nd arc. The hating on AGE is far too strong. I also give AGE props for being experimental in a few ways.

I think AGE deserves the massive hate it gets. I will give it an interesting premise of spanning a conflict over 3 generations, but that is about it. And it also should have clearly been a premise that would require more than 50 episodes to execute properly.

The first arc as you said felt like a condensed full show. That isn't a compliment, but it also isn't the worst thing they could have ended up with either. They basically had a whole bunch of characters and only bothered to do anything with a handful which left the rest feeling like empty shells, including the girl who pretty much solely exists spoiler[as a baby making device to produce the next protagonist].

The second arc actually felt pretty good to me, but something like 13 episodes out of 50 can't save a show. Personally, I consider there to be 4 arcs, and I think the dividing point is obvious so I'll avoid explaining it. The third arc I thought was passable. The 4th arc however was utter garbage especially spoiler[what happened to who should have been the final boss and the 'here comes a new challenger' actual final boss]. I'll leave it at that for now as going into all the specifics would make this post ridiculously long.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7